[II]

"I told you, tia , what I saw couldn't just be a bad dream. The pond was called the 'Reflection' and they were telling me to find Luciana. I even scrapped my knee!" Camilo exclaimed as he sits at the counter while his Tía Julieta went with the traditional way of tendering his minor injury as soon as they returned home. There's no way in hell that he will admit this to Antonio and especially to his hermana and primas. Diós mio, they would pull this state to him forever as a joke. Yet, he doesn't care if Dolores hears him tell this to his tia.

"Mi dulce sobrino, por favor... I do want to believe you, but the girl you're talking about doesn't exist. Dolores mentioned to me your story last night and it was amazing and it did gave me the same chills, but a story so exaggerated and brutal like yours are all confirmed as tales by you yourself..." Julieta remind him with a sheepish smile that only frustrates him more.

"Tales are half meant! I don't know how I manage to make up a story so accurate, but you have to believe me!" He pleaded. "Believe 'who'?" Tio Agustín's voice was heard by both his wife and nephew as he entered the kitchen. "Tio! Thank goodness you're here! Do you know about the tale of the Lady In The Moon?!" He mentioned, silently asking for a backup. "You mean the story you scare the hell out of Luisa? Yes, I've heard. That's a good one, Cami~ By then, you'll be as good as your Tio Bruno!" he complimented, but the shapeshifter ignored the comment.

"Well please tell Tia that it was real! L-Last night, it happened!" The claim vanished the smile from Agustín's face and was replaced with a confused frown. "I s-saw it! The past vision that the Pond of Reflection showed me! The girl was drowned! Arnaldo killed h-her! It's connected to Abuela's story every time she story-tell them to us every 'Dia De Los Muertos'!—" he paused before grabbing the moonstone crystal that the pond tossed to him from his pocket and showed it to them. "It glowed this morning and I'm sure of it! We just have to—"

"NoPe. I'm not falling for any of this again—"

"T-Tio—"

"I think I heard enough stories from mamá—"

"Pero Tio—"

"Now that you mention it, Mira did once—"

"TIO!" Both Julieta and Agustín flinched, startled when Camilo suddenly snapped at him. His sobrino never screamed at him like this before. Nor look this frustrated, it's almost worrisome. "S-Seems like someone woke up at the wrong side of the camping bag..." The man manage to stammer out, a little nervous and confused on where Camilo's sudden mood coming from. He almost sound like Pepa too. Looking at the upset expression of his sobrinito, he sighed and glanced at his wife who returned the same concern.

"Ok, Camilo, let's just say that it COULD be true after what happened with Mirabel finding out about Bruno's vision and all, okay? However, this could've happened hundreds of years ago. Her body has probably decayed already. Plus, the La Casa was rebuilt, the magic within us have been gifted back, everyone is doing much better now and Mariano will soon propose to your sister Dolores someday. It just doesn't make any sense on why it suddenly calls out for your help when everything is now in peace..." he camforted as Julieta finished patching up his knee with the same kind smile.

"P-Pero..."

"I'm just as weirded out as your Tia, but I don't want to upset you either, my boy. I think it's best if you could just... think of it as a bad dream..." he suggested, hoping to ease the boy's mind. This family doesn't need another disaster to solve. Not to mention that this was too close to abuela's life back then when her husband was still alive. They don't want her past to start haunting her too. Knowing that it could indeed be linked in Abuela Alma's story, they chose not to make it worse now that she's finally trying to fix her mistakes.