18 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍'𝒔 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕

Tatum

Tatum

As I reversed out of Brannia's driveway, the quiet hum of the engine resonated through the neighborhood.

With a gentle turn of the wheel, I navigated through the streets, As I reached the neighborhood's edge, the landscape from house to the openness of the highway.

I accelerated onto the highway, merging seamlessly into the flow of traffic. I effortlessly overtook the steady stream of vehicles.

Each passing car became a blur, The highway stretched out before me like an endless ribbon of asphalt

After a brief drive, I descended into the quiet streets of the desolate neighborhood where my "trap house," was located While some might label it a "trap house," it resembled more of a maintained warehouse.

My mama, adamant about standards, refused to set foot in a place where naked women bagged, and men walked around with clips on them.

Exhaling heavily, I rolled into the driveway, the weight of the moment pressing down on me. As I swung open the car door, my hand instinctively reached for my Glock, only to find emptiness. "Fuck," I muttered, realizing it wasn't there. Must've slipped out back into Brianna's room.

Running my hand down my weary face, I released a frustrated exhale before snatching up my phone and forcefully exiting the car, the slam of the door echoing in the stillness of the night

"I don't give a damn, young man," I heard my mother's stern voice as I entered the house.

I approached her with a smile, extending my arms for a hug.

But as I reached out, her hands firmly pressed against my chest, pushing me away with a frown that quickly extinguished my smile.

"Wha-,"

"Chloe, come here," Mama's call interrupted my thoughts, prompting me to scan the room for Chloe, I thought she was with her daddy.

A few moments later, Chloe shuffled in, her head bowed.

She seemed changed, noticeably thicker she's wearing: green cargo shorts paired with a cream shirt Air Dunk Jumbos in a medium olive

Chloe approached Mama, her head still down, the sound of sniffles betraying her.

"Hi ba-" I began, but Mama swiftly interjected, cutting me off

"Tatum, didn't I raise you better, hm?" Mama's voice carried a mix of disappointment and reproach, her hands resting firmly on her hips as she addressed me.

Just as Jet strolled in, a big bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos in hand, he swiftly jogged back out the moment his eyes met mine, deepening my frown,

"Mama, what are you talking about?" I asked, my head instinctively jerking backward in confusion, clueless about the situation.

"Don't play dumb with me, Tatum. I raised you better," she sighed, shaking her head in disappointment. "But mama, what did I do?" I pressed, genuine confusion evident in my tone.

"You got her pregnant, Tatum, you irresponsible ass!" Mama's accusation pierced the air, her voice laced with anger and disappointment.

Without warning, she threw her purse at me in a fit of rage.

The impact caught me off guard, the force of it causing my lip to split as pain surged through me.

Chloe's tears only added to the chaos as I stood there, stunned and speechless, trying to process.

Hey y'all go and read my new book just friends bye ⬇️