She couldn't fathom how Coriolanus, the man who seemed to have his ambitions meticulously planned, could throw it all away for a fleeting moment with Lucy Gray.

The fireworks marked not only the end of the Games but also the shattering of Seraphina's illusions.

In the solitude of her balcony, Seraphina confronted her own vulnerabilities.

The tears, hidden from the world, spoke of a pain that couldn't be expressed in the grandeur of the Capitol's celebration.

The once-confident strategist found herself ensnared in a web of emotions, and as the last firework faded away, she was left alone in the silent aftermath of her own internal storm.

The air was crisp on that evening many years ago, the very balcony where Seraphina now stood in solitude had witnessed a different scene— a scene filled with dreams and innocence.

Seraphina, at the tender age of twelve, was joined by Coriolanus, her childhood companion, as they gazed upon the Capitol's twinkling lights.

"Sera," Coriolanus began, his voice carrying a youthful determination that hinted at the ambition yet to come. "

I've been thinking. When we grow up, I want to be the president of Panem."

Wide-eyed and curious, Seraphina turned to him. "The president? But why?"

Coriolanus grinned, his eyes reflecting the spark of a dream. "I want to change things, make Panem better. And I want you by my side, always. You'll be my First Lady!"

Seraphina, enchanted by the grandeur of the idea, felt her heart flutter.

In their youthful naivety, they hadn't grasped the weight of those words or the challenges that awaited them.

The Capitol's lights, as if conspiring with their dreams, painted the scene with an ethereal glow.

"That sounds amazing, Coryo! I know you'll be able to do it, I believe in you!" Seraphina replied, her eyes mirroring his enthusiasm.

"I'll be right there with you, I promise." Seraphina stuck her pinky finger out to him.

"I promise to make it happen." Coriolanus intertwined their pinky fingers together as they chuckled.

Little did they know, as they stood on that balcony bathed in the glow of their aspirations, that their paths would diverge in ways unforeseen.

The dreams of a twelve-year-old Coriolanus, aspiring to lead a nation with Seraphina by his side, had planted a seed that would grow into a complex tale of love, ambition, and sacrifice.

And now, as Seraphina stood alone, watching the fireworks dance across the Capitol's sky, the echoes of that innocent conversation lingered, mingling with the bittersweet reality of their journey.

As Seraphina stood on the balcony, the memory of that conversation with Coriolanus from their younger days played in her mind like a haunting melody.

The innocence of their dreams, the shared vision of a future together— it all seemed like a distant echo in the face of the present reality.

She couldn't help but contrast the dreams of a younger Coriolanus with the man he had become.

The balcony, once a symbol of shared aspirations, now felt like a stage for a tragedy.

The fireworks, illuminating the night sky in celebration of Coriolanus's victory, served as a bitter reminder of the sacrifices made and the price paid for ambitions that had taken an unexpected turn.