𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Maeve Jane Kelleher was always an optimist. She believed that kindness was the best route through life, and she was always quick to place her trust into other people's hands. Although, she had learned that trusting someone instantly can come back to bite her in the ass. From people exploiting her because they viewed her as weak to discarding the trust she had gave them, by thirty she was more aware of the world.

Maeve had moved to America from Ireland at thirty-two, in hopes of a different way of living. That 'better life' had lasted for roughly a year. Maybe it was the fact that people just don't shift or she was sleeping in the shittiest motel ever, but she never woke up in the same place. Instead, she found herself in a hospital building, but by the moment she woke up, she knew it was no hospital.

Ever since that morning, she had been an illegal human experiment and a victim of sexual abuse.

She had promised herself she would never put her trust in anyone else - particularly men. But the moment she found herself being rescued by a masked man, she was swept off her feet. Literally and figuratively.

Keegan Russ had restored the burning fire inside her after those scientists had put it out, and showed her a new light. And at the same time, Maeve made an everlasting effect on him. He was her saviour and she was his freedom. He showed her how to live again, and she gave him a reason to live.

Maybe that reason to live was more troubled than she came across as?

quick a/n:
if the trigger warnings don't sit right with you, don't make yourself read it! i just wanted to dab into reality with this fic and add a twist to it, so don't bother to read it if you feel uncomfortable doing so.