Chapter 25: Through the Waves and Flames, Set your Heart Ablaze!

Start from the beginning

Tyler, inspired by the familiar battling strategy he'd employed before, proposed the idea to Isa. Initially hesitant, Isa's doubts were instantly dismissed by Grayson's unwavering faith in Tyler's plan. "His stupidity kills, sure, but I'm certain it won't be us," Grayson declared, his confidence in the plan evident in his words.

"If you're sure!" Isa responded with a smirk, fully on board with the plan. As Tyler called out to the Pokemon, quickly explaining the strategy, Charmeleon comprehended the plan, and when Gyarados launched an Ice Beam from a distance, he readied a Flamethrower. Scizor, while not initially understanding, instinctively swung Charmeleon like a whip, his flamethrower forming a slash that perfectly canceling the incoming attack, unintentionally aligning with Tyler's plan.

As the realization dawned upon Scizor, seeing Charmeleon's smug expression, an unspoken understanding passed between them, a bond reminiscent of brothers. Amidst Gyarados' frenzy of attacks, Scizor moved with remarkable speed, wielding Charmeleon while utilising his Flamethrower to create a fluid, circular motion, deflecting the barrage.

Closing the distance, Charmeleon extended his claws, combining Dragon Claw with the ongoing Flamethrower. Simultaneously, Scizor executed a singular horizontal slash, blending both moves seamlessly into it. Gyarados, preparing a heavy Hydro Pump to attack back, found itself vulnerable as Scizor swiftly tossed Charmeleon back. In a brilliant arc, Scizor followed up with a vertical slash, delivering a devastating uppercut to Gyarados' neck. The serpent's head shot skyward, missing its intended Hydro Pump, propelled upwards like a geyser.

Emerging from their recovery, Gyarados wasted no time in launching another Hydro Pump at the resilient duo. In a display of quick reflexes, Scizor employed Quick Attack, initiating a dizzying 360-degree spin that harnessed the momentum to transform Charmeleon's Flamethrower into a blazing wheel. The fiery contraption rapidly expanded, propelling them through the air, defying the limits of Scizor's endurance.

Their trajectory led them straight into the oncoming Hydro Pump, and with unwavering determination, the flaming wheel sliced through the raging water attack. The clash culminated in a spectacular explosion, scattering smoke across the battlefield as both sides of the confrontation collided with explosive force.

Knocked out of the sky, Scizor struggled to recover, propelled backward by the explosion, creating a watery spectacle as waves crashed around them. Approaching an imminent collision with an ice chunk, Charmeleon executed a breathtaking maneuver. He flung himself backward, arms outstretched, wielding Dragon Claw to displace the water. Twisting like a water wheel, the force generated by this acrobatic display propelled them out of the water and onto the fragile ice chunk, providing Scizor a makeshift platform to regain his footing. The ice cracked under the intense pressure, but it served as a crucial foothold for the relentless duo.

As the ice beneath them began to fracture, Scizor found himself with limited time to regain his footing. Struggling to stand, he was assisted by Charmeleon, who hastily helped him rise before the crumbling ice could betray them once again.

While Scizor took his time recovering, Charmeleon peered into the dense smoke that enveloped the battlefield, searching for any sign of the lurking Gyarados. Thankfully, the unmistakable golden glow emitted by the beast allowed Charmeleon to track its movements. With Scizor back on his feet, the duo braced themselves for the impending clash, determined to fight until the very end.

As the icy platform finally succumbed to the sheer pressure, breaking into fragments, Scizor propelled himself back into the sky. His weakened wings struggled to lift him more than a few feet off the remnants of the platform. Both Pokémon understood the urgency; they had to conclude the battle swiftly, with Scizor teetering on the brink of collapse.