"I couldn't hear you, bunny. I was thinking, trying to figure something out in my head. Let's go get you the one you can't reach," he suggests, pulling me softly back to the pacifiers. "Which one is it?"

I point quickly, excited to get a proper look at it, but he keeps grabbing the wrong ones. Huffing loudly, I put my arms up and gesture for him to pick me up. He grins and lifts me quickly into the air, helping me grab the one I want. I giggle sweetly as I grab it and pat his head, letting him know he can put me down. 

"Dis one!" I cheer, showing him the mushroom design proudly. 

"This is very adorable! Just like you," Ace smiles, booping my nose and kissing my forehead. "Now, we need to pick out some diapers, I wasn't sure which ones you would like."

"Hmm... Okie!" I giggle, following him to the wall from a couple minutes ago and he's quick to show me the ones that should be my size. 

"You can get any of these, I'll be over here, I'm going to grab a couple more things that way when you're done we can go get some food or go to a different store if you want. I don't want to overwhelm you with too much shopping, will you be okay?" I nod in response and turn, looking up at the wall before I look at my different options. 

After a little while, I find some diapers that I like and I begin the search for Ace. He said that he would stay in the store but I'm not sure where in the store that means. I pass a couple of isles but soon, panic creeps up in my stomach - I can't find him.

I try to push down the panic and hold back my salty tears, but they drip down my face nonetheless and I bite my lip. He said he would stay in the store, but where is he? I go to backtrack and look around some of the racks but I don't see him or anything. 

A small sob chokes itself out of me and I wipe my face with the sleeve of my sweater, then look up to see the cashier lady who waved us in. She slowly leans down a little to look me in the face and smiles at me gently. 

"Hi, sunshine, what's wrong?" She asks quietly, rubbing my back in way to attempt to calm me down. 

"A-acie!" I whimper, trying, but failing, to wipe my tears away as they fall in a downpour. 

"It's okay," She reassures. "He's right over here, it's okay."

She takes my hand gently and leads me to the back corner, right where Ace stands, comparing two blankets. The lady coughs to get his attention and he turns to look with a curious stare, only to be replaced with worry as he rushes to pick me up. 

"What's wrong, bunny?" He asks gently, kissing my forehead as he looks to the cashier with worry and mouths thank you. He holds me to his hip and bounces me softly with rhyme, calming my sobs to quiet sniffles. 

"I no find yous," I cry gently, tucking my face into the crook of his neck, taking in deep breaths of his scent as he rubs my back. 

"Ah, I'm sorry," He says to the lady. "She's not my little and she said she would be alright, I hope nothing happened."

My heart pangs as he says that, right in my ear, and I do my best to reel in my sniffles and whines. 

"No, no, she was fine. She just broke down a couple of isles away because she couldn't find you, nothing was broken or anything. Though she did drop these, I'm assuming you were wanting to buy them?" The lady tells him gently, holding out my bag of diapers and the three pacifiers I was holding. 

"Yes, thank you. Could we go ahead and check out? She probably needs a snack," Ace says politely. 

"Of course! Follow me," She smiles and leads Ace to the checkout, right smack dab in the middle of the store. I do my best to keep my face hidden, I don't want anyone to see my red and swollen eyes. 

I can't believe he said I'm not his little. I mean, I guess I'm technically not but still. The way he said it, it just hurt. He moves me around gently as they scan the items and work through them, but I stay still throughout the whole thing. 

It doesn't take long for him to finish checking out, get handed a bag, and then head out of the store. 

"Bunny," He says quietly, catching my attention as we go to a set of chairs where no one is around. "Did you have an accident?" 

I pale at his words, now taking in the realization that no, I didn't have an accident, but there is sticky liquid seeping through my clothes. 

"Bathroom!" I whisper urgently in his ear, he runs us to the nearest bathroom and sets me down outside a stall. I'm quick to jump in and shut the door, pulling down my skirt and underwear to see a puddle of red staining my clothes, making me whimper. 

"Are you okay?" He questions from behind the stall door. I bite my lip, not wanting to say anything. If I'm not his little, then why should he help me? I hear his voice again, soft and almost pleading. "Bunny?"

With a loud and long sniffle, I reach from the toilet and unlock the door, letting him in. He looks down and sees the red, sticky fluid, and kisses my forehead. 

"It's okay, bunny. We'll get you fixed up," He pulls a diaper and onesie out of the bag from the store. The onesie is purple and has cutoffs on the sleeves with legs like a pair of shorts, then he pulls out some baby wipes. 

"Come here," he mumbles with a finger motioning me towards him. "Let me clean you up."

I stand, pulling my shirt down to cover my bits and he begins to wipe me down with the baby wipes. 

"M sorie..." I whisper as he holds out the diaper for me to step into. I do so willingly and look away from him with shame. 

"It's okay," he reassures me with a smile, pulling the diaper up and then undressing me from the shirt, stopping at the bra. Then he gets the onesie ready and holds it out for me to step into.

I frown at his actions and step into it, but stop him before he puts my arms into the holes. 

"Do you not want to wear this, sweetie?" He asks, but I huff and pull at my bra, not being able to get it off. He gets the idea and gestures for me to stop. "Okay, okay, we can take that off."

He pulls it off of me and finishes putting the onesie on, then he throws the skirt and underwear in the trash and lastly throws the rest into a bag. 

"M hungie," I mumble to him, being quiet with embarrassment. He smiles understandingly, then picks me up and sets me on his waist. 

"Let's go get you something to eat, then," He says smiling, carrying me off towards the food court.