5

I've developed a huge bond with my friends, even if I just met them a year ago, that it's literally impossible to ignore them. So by the end of our last class, na-kidnap na ako ni Anneliese at kinalakadkad (nicely) papuntang sasakyan niya. Her car was parked between Loren's and Marco's. katabi naman ng kay Marco ang kay Denzel.

"I wanna go home," I whined like a kid, trying to piss Anneliese off so she'd let me go. She hates it when I do it.

Instead, she only gave me an eyeroll. "Mag-didinner tayo."

"Ayoko," I declined. "I need to do laundry."

"Really? On a Monday night?"

"Hindi ko rin dala wallet ko," I tried to reason out again.

"Libre ni Denzel."

"I'm -"

"Umiiwas ka," Anneliese deadpanned. "I'm pretty sure it has something. Sasakalin ko 'yon kung hindi niya aayusin. Kaya kung ayaw mong mangyari 'yon, sumama ka na."

Natahimik ako. I think the reason why my friendship with Anneleiese instantly clicked since day 1 is because she can read me. Kahit sa group namin, siya 'yung pinakang-observant. She's frank and upstraight. Only "yes" or "no" exists to her. Walang "maybe".

I was quiet the whole ride. Nauuna 'yung sasakyan ni Denzel.

When we got there, minadali akong bumaba ni Anneliese. She literally held my hand like a kid. Hindi naman ako tatakbo. Aside from the fact that I don't know how to commute, masyado na akong halata pag ganoon.

Only when we were inside the restaurant did Anneliese let go of me. Mabilis akong naupo sa corner seat beside Sandra so Denzel won't be able to sit beside me - not that he will if given the chance.

I was a bit taken a back, though, nang makita ko ang disappointed look sa mukha ni Denzel when he glanced at where I am. He sighed and took the seat in front of me. Now that I think about it, I just made the situation more insufferable because I have to be face to face with him the whole duration of the dinner.

May lumapit agad na waiter to give us the menu and instruct us to press the small buzzer he gave when we're ready to order. I wasn't very much of a fan of eating out kaya hindi agad ako nakapag-decide ng oorderin.

Instinctively, I asked the person beside me. "What's your order, Sands?" Siya kasi usually ang parehas ko ng taste buds.

"Baka chicken teriyaki rice bowl. It's my first time eating here too," Sandra answered, reading the details of the menu thoroughly. "Are you ordering the same?"

I was about to answer nang may epal (na gwapo) na sumingit.

"Masarap 'yung folded cheeseburger nila. You don't like eating rice, right?"

Ah okay. So what if he noticed that I'm not a fan of eating rice every meal? Lahat naman sila for sure. Di siya special. Paasa lang siya (and I'd still hope, thank you very much."

"Oh okay..." I tried to sound as nonchalant as possible. "'Yun na lang siguro."

"I'll order sun-dried tomato pasta para pwede tayong magpalit kung di mo magustuhan," he offered. And for what reason?!

"Okay." Eto na naman ako sa name replies ko. "Thanks, friend."

I was serious with calling him friend. I was hoping it'll be a wake up call - either he'd be reminded that we are actually just friends or he will get the sign that he needs to confess something with me ('yung latter sana), but what I said earned laughtet from the table - especially Loren. This guy!

Denzel looked taken aback. Again. May sasabihin sana siya but stopped midway when the waiter arrived. Pinindot na pala ni Marco ang buzzer.

After reciting our orders to make sure he got it right, umalis na ulit ang waiter.