Prologue

PROLOGUE

Sweat and tears pooled on my face while I'm catching my beath. My knees trembled and I felt cold all over my body. I sighed heavily and shut my eyes, so much for wanting to have enough good sleep.

I looked at my bedside table to check the time on my digital clock. It illuminated yellow light as if the moon was on its back.

11:10pm

It's not even dawn, yet here I am, wide awake already.

I waited for myself to calm down, I tried doing some breathing technique and somehow it helped. Nang makontento ay tuloyan na lang akong bumangon, I searched for my glasses and wore it.

I tied my hair in a bun and went to my study table, I opened my study lamp and laptop to check on some pending works to do.

Right, I need to send some documents to that guy for the Bio Club so he can help me edit it. In three days pa naman talaga namin dapat simulan but I guess. . . the early the better.

I check the file and did some minor editing, nang makontento ay lumabas muna ako ng kwarto para magtimpla ng gatas. Rang's room seemed quit, tulog na yata.

I brought the glass of milk on my room and decided to send the file to him, and then I'll probably just watch dramas after. Kaya lang, hindi ko makita kung saan ko inipit 'yung sticky note kung saan nakasulat 'yung gmail add niya.

What was his gmail add again? I somehow remember it.

I sighed and typed my guess on the send to space. . .

Kolene.grench014@gmail.com

Was it spelled correctly? I'm sure that was what he told me. Hindi lang ako sure kung tama ba spelling ng name niya. I'm not close with this guy, we're on the same club pero hindi pa kami nakapag-usap ng casual.

Was it Koleen? Kollen? Coleen? Colene?

I rolled my eyes and gave up guessing, hirap naman ng pangalan nito. I opened my messaging up and looked for someone online who can help me.

I chatted a classmate, she's not a member of Bio Club but I think everyone knows that guy.

Sheena Alcaya

                         Giirrll, Do you know that tall guy na maputla?

Huh?

                        Grench is his surname, do you know how to spell his name?

Who Kallen?
Yeah, Kallen Grench right?

"Kallen? As in, A?" I murmured. ''Komplikado naman ng pangalan nito.''

From: Yirinyvonnagonzales21@gmail.com
To:
Kallen.grench014@gmail.com

Bioclubreport.doc.x

I clicked the file to add his email address so we could edit it together. Agad na kumunot ang noo ko nang makitang may gumagalaw na green cursor sa file. Ibig-sabihin online ang kabilang party, Kallen Grench is still up. It's 1am now.

His cursor is moving fast, I think he's checking the report.

YOU'RE STILL UP?

I was a bit stuned when he typed those words at the end of the report, in bold letters.