EPILOGUE

𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚 :
FAMED INTERVIEWEES

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

THE POLICE STATION was cold, but not as freezing as it had been outside. She felt as though she were frozen to her bones. At least outside she had her friends with her, in the station, more specifically the interviewing room, she was alone with the officer in front of her and a camera recording the session. (F/N) stared off though, finding it difficult to focus after what had happened not a few hours before.

     "You said you met someone up in Blackwood Mountains? Who?" The officer asked, his pen lightly tapping the notebook he had been writing notes on.

     (F/N) swallowed before answering, "There was a man. He had been living up there, trying to protect those outside of the woods from the dangers lurking inside. He helped us when we got attacked."

     The officer sat up straighter, "Who attacked you?"

     "A creature... A Wendigo, he called them. It was tall, taller than any human I've ever met. And skinny—it, it looked like a spider with a human body and human-ish face. And its teeth they...they were ragged and sharp...It was...It was like something out of a story. But it was real." She let out a small laugh that showed she found it just as crazy as he did, "First time I saw one, it decapitated the stranger and dragged his body down to the mine. I found it later with Mike and Sam. I think it's still there."

     "Okay..." The man wrote some things down before he read something off a page. He hummed, "What about your boyfriend Josh? Your friends said that he pulled a prank. Did you know about it?"

     "No, I didn't know." (F/N) struggled to answer, remembering the emotions that the night had created, "I... Josh, he..."

     The officer caught her eye, trying to calm her, "Take your time."

     "...He—we haven't spoken for a few months," She gave a short huff-like laugh, "he'll tell you differently. But I wasn't talking to him. Sam could back me up. I didn't even get an invite to this trip."

     "He said he invited you in person. But he seemed kind of confused."

     (F/N) looked up at the officer, shaking her head slowly, "It wasn't me. Ask him about his medication."

The officer paused in interest, "Medication?"

"He was given pills for depression, but I think...I think he was given the wrong ones. He's schizophrenic..." She looked down at the table, her eyes narrowing, "You know I... I really thought that it was different. That he was fine. If I had known he was suffering so much... I just, I don't know what to do anymore."

     "If you need someone to talk to—"

     "No. No more therapy." She looked out of the door, not seeing anything, and asked, "Who lived?"

     "Uhh, let me see my list." The officer flipped to a different page, slid on his reading glasses, and began to read off, "Ashley Brown, Emily Davis, Jessica Riley, Josh Washington, Matthew Taylor, Mike Munroe, Sam Giddings, and you, of course."