TWELVE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚 :
DON'T MOVE A MUSCLE

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

SAM WAS POUNDING her fist on the glass door leading to the lodge, screaming her lungs off as the creature lurked behind her. "Guys, are you in there? Let me in!"

     "Sam—"

     Sam turned around with a scream at the new voice, having not seen the trio creeping up on her, "Shit, Mike!" She looked at his appearance, then at her friends who stood behind him, "Oh gosh, you guys look terrible—"

It was true, the three looked rough. Running away from the vicious creature had not done them good. Their clothes had more tears and even more dirt. And they all looked cold, as the water had probably just dried.

"Thanks, Sam." (F/N) sighed, looking behind them to make sure she couldn't see one of the creatures. She couldn't spot anything out of the ordinary for now.

     "Gonna look worse if we stay out here... " Mike urged them all towards the door, "Come on!" Sam then picked up a rock and broke the window, reaching carefully through the broken glass to unlock and open the door. They shut the door behind them, locking it as well. Sam reached forward, turning on the lights to the cabin, only for Mike to immediately switch them off, scolding, "Not good."

     "What do you think we should do?" Sam asked no one in particular. Sam's eyes moved over to Josh, who still looked scattered. But he was tense as all hell, his hand still holding onto the back of (F/N)'s jacket. He couldn't be taken far from the lodge in this state.

     "Did the others make it back safe?" (F/N) inquired, her eyes scanning the interior of the lodge. She couldn't see anyone but them.

     "We should check the basement..." Mike suggested.

     The group made their way to the theater room. Mike and Sam talked while (F/N) told Josh about listening to her. Finally, she noticed Josh's hand which stayed glued to her jacket. She sighed, reaching up and intertwining their hands, "You did good."

     Josh stared down at their joint hands, "I did?"

"Yeah." They entered the theater room after Sam and Mike, "But I might need you to do that again. Just like that."

Josh nodded his head, "...Okay."

     "How do you rate our chances of survival?" (F/N) suddenly heard Sam's question.

     "How morbid." (F/N) joined into the conversation from behind them.

     "I'm trying not to think about it." Mike sighed, only a few steps away from the door leading to the basement where the others were supposed to be hiding.

     But as soon as they made it to the door to the basement hallway, Chris came sprinting out of the hallway, "Go, go, go!"

     "Get outta here, go!" Emily came screaming down the hallway next, rushing them but not stopping to look.

     "Run!" Mike shouted, rushing to follow the group.