The Manipulation

Diana's confusion only deepened as she struggled to remember how she had arrived in the luxurious suite. She felt a nagging sense of unease, an instinctual feeling that something was amiss. Sensing her uneasiness, Mark Harrison appeared at the doorway, wearing a calm and reassuring smile.

"Diana, I'm glad to see you're awake," he said, approaching her with measured steps. "You had a bit of an accident earlier, but don't worry, everything will be fine."

Diana looked at him, searching his face for answers. "An accident? What kind of accident? And where am I?  Who are you? I don't remember anything."

Mark's smile faltered for a moment, but he quickly regained his composure. "You had a fall, Diana, which resulted in some temporary memory loss. But the doctors assure me that it's only temporary and you'll regain your memories soon. And don't tell me you don't remember me honey?"

Diana's heart sank as she contemplated the words. She felt a wave of panic washing over her, unsure of whom to trust or what was truly happening. The lack of memory made her vulnerable, and this man told her that she's his fiancé. Having no choice, Diana decided to believe him.

As Diana grappled with the reality of her situation she received a visit from a doctor who confirmed Mark's explanation of her memory loss. The doctor reassured her that her memories would gradually return as her mind healed.

"Sir, you have to take good care of her due to her past and recent traumatic experience. She could potentially lose her memory, so you must be patient and take things slowly," the doctor recommended emphatically.

"Don't worry, Doctor. I'll take care of her," Mark responded confidently.

Mark Harrison, despite being a renowned figure in the United States, particularly New York, had managed to maintain a mysterious presence, seldom appearing in the media or attending high-profile events. Even the doctor was unaware of Mark's true identity as the wealthy magnate, Mark Harrison. Mark possessed several secret identities that were known only to himself and trusted confidants. He was an inherently distrustful person, even towards himself.

Returning to the present situation, Mark decided to deceive Diana upon hearing the doctor's diagnosis of her memory loss. His plans had now changed.

"But Mark, this is extremely risky. What if she discovers the truth or regains her memory?" Mark's right-hand man and longtime friend, Jody, questioned worriedly. Jody was one of the few individuals allowed to address Mark by his first name, a privilege reserved for him and Mark's father. They had been inseparable since childhood, and despite Jody's unwavering loyalty, Mark's trust was limited.

"What do you think, Jody? Do you really believe this 18-year-old girl could pose a threat to my life?" Mark inquired, his expression serious.

"I understand she may seem insignificant, but still, you should be careful," Jody cautioned, concern etched on his face.

"I know what I'm doing," Mark replied with conviction, dismissing Jody without even glancing in his direction.