Holiday Stories: New Year Special

*A/N: Happy new year!*

3rd-Person POV
Piltover, USA
2019
____________________________________________________________________________

Jinx stared at her phone's photo album in thought. She never thought she would've made it this far. The past few years were rough, yes, but to her, it seemed things were only getting better.

After she got officially pardoned in 2016, it's been a bumpy ride for her trying to become a better person.

Sometimes, she got angry too quickly, or she acted too impulsively, or just sometimes it all seemed bit too much for her and she would just break down.

But she knew it was all worth it.

Looking back, even though the past few years were rough, she could only remember the good things that happened now.

She remembered that she won her first international rift tournament with her sister and Caitlyn back in 2018.

Same year she got voted the most attractive chamption, a fact she likes to brag about occasionally to this day.

She remembers when Vi first won the women's boxing world championship back in mid-2017. She was the reigning champion until this year when she lost the title, unfortunately. Though, knowing her, Jinx knew it was only a matter of time before her sister got it back.

She remembered when Caitlyn finally got elected as Sheriff but was happier about getting tickets to Seraphine's concert. She also won the national beast hunting games, but she doesn't care about it too much.

She thought back to her friends and family. To Mylo, Claggor, Ekko, Jayce. To her mom and dad. To Vander, and to Silco. Hell, she didn't know why but she even thought about Sevika.

Looking back on it now, all she could remember were the good times.

Vi: "Powder! The countdown's about to start, hurry up!" Her sister called out to her from the living room.

Jinx: "Coming!" She yelled out as she went to join the rest of the gang.

The countdown on the tv was starting, plenty of food and drink was on the dinner table, and she was surrounded by her friends and family. Vi, Caitlyn, Caitlyn's parents, Ekko, Jayce, and others.

Vi handed Jinx a drink as the countdown started as everyone waited on the new year.

3...

2...

1...

The sound of cheering filled the air, glasses of alcohol clanking. In the background, the sound of fireworks could be heard as they lit up the night sky over Piltover and Zaun.

Jinx thanked everyone in her heart for a great year, and she looked forward for even better years to come.

Happy new year!

____________________________________________________________________________

3rd-Person POV
Dubai, UAE
2019

The voices of the people counting down could be heard from inside the apartment as Y/N, in a bathrobe, watched the fireworks show on the Burj Khalifa.

On the tv, with the volume lowered, was the countdown.

Y/N walked across the bedroom with a bottle of vodka, a rocks glass, and a bucket of ice, placing it on a table near him as he sat down on the recliner next to it.

He opened the vodka bottle with a pop, pouring it's contents onto the glass as he extended the recliner's footrest.

He let out a relaxed sigh as he got comfortable on the recliner. As he was about to take a drink from his vodka, he was interrupted by the sound of a muffled voice grunting.

Across the room from him was a man tied to a wooden chair, gagged and bloody. Bruises all over his face and blood staining his white shirt, still struggling to undo his binds.

Y/N sighed as he put down the glass before reaching to open a nearby drawer and taking out a gun.

Y/N: "Hey." He said, pointing the gun at the man, immediately making him stop moving. "Shut up."

The man no longer made a noise as he simply stared at Y/N in fear.

Y/N smiled at his newfound silence, before taking his glass of vodka once more as the countdown began.

He could hear the voices of the people from the apartments next to him counting down.

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

With the sound of Burj Khalifa's fireworks and the cheers of the people in the building and outside, Y/N raised a glass in his hostage's direction.

The world never knew about the violence and sacrifice faced by men like him. The world would never know.

The world didn't need to know.

Just how dirty and violent the things they had to do and what they had to be to keep the rest of the world going.

Y/N: "С новым годом." (Happy new year.)

____________________________________________________________________________

Extra

3rd-Person POV
Unknown Location...
2019

In a dark room, a man in a white labcoat stood in front of a large glass tank filled with glowing light blue liquid. The tank's liquid was enough to faintly light up the dark laboratory.

Inside the glowing tank was a man suspended, floating in the light blue liquid. Scars running across his body and a large tattoo of black wings on his back. His eyes closed as if he was asleep.

A respirator was placed over his mouth and nose attached to a tube along with various sensors attached all over his body that led to monitors and various instruments.

???: "Sir, the preparations are complete." A feminine voice spoke to the man.

???: "Good." He replied. "Now that we're back on track, I can finally get to use you." He said to the man in the tank before turning to the direction of the feminine voice. "Put Glory-01 on standby and ready for use at any time."

???: "Yes sir." The feminine voice replied before she could be heard walking away.

???: "You know, the commander says there's going to be a change in the world order soon. But honestly, the world could burn for all I care." The man in the labcoat spoke, staring at the tank. "I just want to see your end game."

???: "Rest up as much as you can. Once you're out, we're putting you to work immediately." He continued.

As he turned to walk away, suddenly, he halted in his step, turning to the man in the tank once more.

???: "Oh right." He said as he remembered something. "Happy new year, Mikhail."

*A/N: Happy new year my hoes, I love you all, I wrote all this drunk so sorry if it's pretty mediocre I'll try to release chapter 12 some time this week.*