1

"Ishhhuuuuuu"screamed Mayank, looking at something on the school notice board.

"Arey kya hua....wait what.... you're not first this time....aww whining baby"and that was their exam result.

Ishan Kishan and Mayank Markande, childhood best friends, currently in 8th, from tomorrow going to be in 9th.

"How can you be the first? You took away my position traitor." Mayank sighed dramatically.

"Haan haan! Ek baar first aa gaya to hamesha aata rahega kya. This position belongs to me baby." Ishan says while flipping his non-existent long hair.

"You belong to me and the first position belongs to you. Hence, the first position belongs to me. Am I right, Sweeeettttiiieeeeeeee?"Mayank whispers and then screams in his ears.

"Ruk ja tu bandar." saying this Ishan runs after him and their ever-existant playful banter continues.

°°°°°°

It's their 12th grade farewell day. Everyone in the class had dressed their best. But the two toppers are nowhere to be seen.

(Girls are not the toppers always.)

And there they enters, twinning in same clothes, looking all glamorous. White shirt, cream coloured pant, deep blue tie, bluish black blazer and black shoes. Ishan's hand resting on Mayank's waist and Mayank's on Ishan's shoulder. Yes, it was their normal.

(Haan pata hai meri fashion sense bhot buri hai)

Several ooohhhhhs were heard. Why? Ishank is the most shipped couple of their class. But the said people never got out of the platonic love era.

But who knows, this might change today.

Soft music playing in the background, girls and boys dancing with each other, and some being their spectators. Others being in their favourite buffet section.

Then comes Mayank and Ishan, fighting on who will spin when they dance. In their words, who is going to be the girl.

(Seriously guys!!)

Soon they decided, they are going to switch the roles while dancing. And they hopped on the dance floor.

Every eyes on the love birds (except the buffet wale ofcourse), seeing them dance gracefully on the slow beats.
Their moves simply complimenting each other, showing the love they both themselves are oblivious of. Their eye contact doing magic. Like the whole world has stopped doing everything just to witness this magic.

"Sweetie kitna maza aaya na dance karne mein."Mayank asks while they're in the restroom, washing their faces.

"Haan! Bas mera bandar gir gaya end mein aur saari performance kharab. Dhyan nahi rakh sakta..."Ishan softly reprimands.

"Achha ji kamar se hath kisne hataya?" and Mayank splashes water on Ishan's face.

"Ruk ja tu bandar." and Ishan wets his hairs.

"Sweetie you don't know any other dialogue kya? Say something like 'my sweetheart, my cutie pie'. Thoda to lovey dovey hona chahiye na." saying this he kisses Ishan's forehead lightly.

Suddenly, there is a tension in the air. They are unable to say anything to each other and stand there not breaking their eye contact.

The gap between them closes slowly and their lips meet. They kiss each other softly, not knowing how to kiss.

(First kiss can't be that good na)

They finally part, being all breathless and looks into each other's eyes.
And when you're hoping they will be spending sweet moments with each other, something else happened.

Mayank runs away from there. Ishan keeps calling his name to come back but he doesn't stops and keeps running till he is out of sight.

Ishan tries calling his number numerously many times but to no avail.

°°°°°°

Three years have passed since that awkward parting between the friends. 
Since then Ishan had got no information regarding Mayank. He wanted to forget about all of it but could not.

Ishan Kishan is now a well known name in the field of cricket. Known as 'team ki jaan' and 'pocket dynamo' , he is the literal favourite of everyone in the Indian Cricket Team.

He shares a cordial bond of friendship with Shubman Gill. Little does he know that 'The Shubman Gill', the boy who is loved by every girl of the country, is in love with his best friend.

Everyone in the ICT ships them, but as always Ishan is oblivious. He loves spending time with Shubman but feels something empty in his life.

Soon it was the IPL season. Every player was going to their teams' practice camps. Ishan was in Mumbai Indians and for the first time he was going to meet his teammates. Skipper Rohit Sharma, who is also the Indian team's captain, welcomed all of them and gave a speech long enough to make anyone drowsy.

After the speech, everyone went to talk to each other. Suddenly Ishan felt a familiar touch on his shoulders, turning to see none other than his old bestfriend Mayank.

"Sweetie, long time it has been. How are you doing?"

°°°°°°