Chapter 15

(Mia's P.O.V.)

It was 12:30 and Tiffany is going to be here at 1. I had on a black tight fit tank top that was a crop top and some dark washed cuffed high waisted shorts. I put in gold stud earring and my hair up in a top knot and slipped on my converse and sat on the couch. I scrolled on my phone for a while and saw tweets from hayes.

"@HayesGrier: Flights to LA."

"@HayesGrier: If your happy then I'm happy."

I didn't know if that was directed towards me or his fans. Probably his fans. I heard the doorbell ring so I went to open the door. I was face to face with Tiffany. "Hey Tiff! Come in please. How are you?" She smiled and air kissed me like we used to do a long time ago. "I'm GREAT Mia! How are you? I heard you cheated on Christian with a mystery guy. I also heard Christian took you back but that it's been extremely hard on you both." I hated having her here already. This is all she wants to do while she's here is gossip.

"Oh don't be silly. You know yourself to not listen to what everyone else says. Christian and I are just fine! In fact, I hung out with him yesterday and ate dinner with his family. But anyways how are you? Still single?" She smirked and soon it faded. We took a seat on the couch and she took out her phone. "Well actually I had some guys in mind. Heard of Hayes Grier?" I almost blew up. I looked at her as calmly as I could to see her smirking. I nodded. "Of course, he's famous and also my neighbor/friend" She looked at me with a fake curious face. "That's all? I heard you two had a thing for one another." I clicked on my phone and smiled at her. "Nope just friends. Nothing more, nothing less." She perked up after I said that. "So you wouldn't mind setting me up with him?" I was pretty sure she was just trying to get inside my head so I played along. "Of course not! I'll go to his house the day he gets back. He leaves for a flight in about two days then he will be back in two weeks afterwards. Once he gets back you guys can go on a date." She squealed and looked at her phone for a while then spoke up. "I thought you two were good friends." I looked over at her she showed me the tweet about Hayes saying flights to LA. I shrugged it off. "Oh well I can talk to him after you leave." She didn't pay attention and after a few hours she left.

I got up and walked outside and to Hayes house. When I arrived I knocked on the wooden door and Mrs. Grier came to the door with a smile on her face and Skylynn on her hip. "Well Hey there sweetie. Whatcha need?"

"Oh I was just wondering if I could talk to Hayes real quick about something." She looked confused then set Skylynn down. Skylynn ran off and Mrs. Grier turned her attention back to me. "Mia, Hayes left for California this morning. Early this morning. He didn't tell you?" I shook my head look away.
"No but thanks." I walked back to my house thinking about why he would leave without saying goodbye. Why didn't he tell me he took an early flight. I walked inside and raced up the stairs. Once I got in my room I sat on my bed and texted Hayes.

"To: Hayes
Early flight? Didn't bother to tell me? What's up with that Hayes. I though we were friends now..."

I crawled up into my bed. It was 5 o'clock and there was a movie on hallmark. It getting late so I crawled under my covers and began my movie. During the first commercial I got a reply.

"From: Hayes
I wanted to tell you but I couldn't. I'll be back soon and we can hang out. Sorry I didn't tell you. Miss you, friend."

I didn't bother to reply because I didn't want to think about Hayes. It hurt bad enough but I knew it was better this way. I was happy just being his friend because now when he goes on tours and travels places, I won't be holding him back from meeting someone new or talking to other girls. Just because I can't come doesn't mean he can't have fun.

Shortly after the movie started I was so exhausted and upset that I fell asleep. It was around 3am when I got a phone call waking me up. Hayes. I answered it and very tiredly said hello.

"Hey Mia sorry if I woke you up but there's something I gotta tell you." I rolled over and sat up. "okay."

"I need you to know that whatever you decide or whatever we decide later or now. I want you to be happy. I can be happy and support you and be your best friend or I can be more. Which ever one you want. I will be happy if your with Christian even. As long as your happy, I'm happy. If you want to try to work stuff out then we won't let fame get in the way. Okay?"

"Umm yeah. Look it's late I'll talk to you later. Bye." With that I hung up. I rolled back over putting my phone on my night stand and laying in my stomach. That was so weird of him to call like that. I soon drifted off to sleep thinking about what it really was that made me happy. Was it Hayes? Christian? I thought about myself with Christian. I seemed happy. I thought about myself with Hayes. I seemed happy but it was hard. I guess if I had the opportunity I would choose Hayes but things are to complicated. It would be easier to be just friends than it would to date. With that I drifted off back into my sleep.

Authors Note: this book will be coming to an end between now and it may go to anywhere between 20-25 chapters in total so it's coming close to an end. How is it though? Do you like it? Vote for this chapter if you like the story be interactive! I love reading comments and I reply back!