14.

The evening sunset in Spa was beautiful, casting long shadows across the Francorchamps Circuit . Aurelia was perched on the windowsill of the hotel room, and the room was at peace. In the quiet of her room, she sat alone, thinking about her DNF. The gentle knock on her door broke her chain of thoughts.

Aurelia opened the door, surprised to find Ollie standing in the doorway. His expression, usually confident and focused, betrayed a vulnerability that she hadn't seen before.

Ollie cleared his throat, a nervous energy flickering in his eyes. "Hey, Aurelia. Mind if I come in for a moment?"

Aurelia nodded, gesturing for him to enter. As Ollie stepped into the room, there was a brief pause.

"I wanted to give you something," Ollie said, pulling out a small box from his pocket. He opened it, revealing a delicate pendant shaped like a tyre. The metal gleamed in the soft light, and Aurelia's eyes widened in shock.

"Ollie, this is..." Aurelia trailed off, struggling to find words.

"It's a tyre pendant," Ollie explained, a hint of a smile playing on his lips. "I know it's a bit unconventional, but I thought it might be a reminder of the races we've been through together, the ups and downs."

Aurelia's eyes glistened as she took the pendant in her hands, the weight of the gesture sinking in. "I...I don't know what to say, Ollie. It's beautiful."

"I'm glad you like it," Ollie replied, his gaze unwavering. The air was charged with an unspoken tension. In a moment that seemed to blur the lines of their friendship, Ollie leaned in, closing the distance between them. He pressed his lips against Aurelia's, the kiss unexpected by both drivers. For a heartbeat, time stood still.

As quickly as the kiss began, Ollie pulled away, his eyes locking onto Aurelia's. "Shit. I am so sorry Aurelia.." he trailed off, already assuming that a rejection was swiftly on its way.

"Kiss me again."

Ollie turned. "What?" he asked. "But at Silverstone-"

"I don't care what I said at Silverstone. Kiss me again." Aurelia said.

She ran up to him and pressed her lips against his, and made Ollies heart erupt.