Chapter 41 - Not Just a Chicken

Start from the beginning

***********************************************

Atlas's wolf has fallen in love. He is lying on his back getting a tummy rub from Rose, his tongue is hanging out and he is staring up at the female with complete adoration. She could collar him and lead him around on a leash, and he would still be the happiest wolf alive. They have gone for their daily walk and are lying on a blanket in a grassy meadow. As always Rose has brought her sketch book and charcoal pencils. Rose stops petting him to resume her sketching. The large grey wolf rolls over onto his stomach, and places his head on her lap, nudging her for more rubs. Looking up at her with puppy dog eyes, he has completely lost all self-respect, begging her for any scrap of affection.

"Oh you want more pets? What a demanding boy you're being today" Rose says as she puts down her sketchbook and gives him a good scratch behind the ears.

"What a good boy you are! Are you going to catch me a rabbit today?"

The large wolf raises his head and perks up at the mention of a hunt. If she wants a rabbit, he'll get her a rabbit, he would slay a whole bear for her if she asked for it. He stands up wagging his tail and gives her a bark. Rose laughs "go on then, go get me a rabbit!"

She doesn't need to ask twice, the massive grey wolf bounds off into the treeline, itching to provide for his female.

Half an hour later, the grey wolf comes trotting back to the clearing, with his prize clutched in his jaws. Lying on the blanket, the female has fallen asleep. Placing the rabbit on the ground near her feet, he glances at her sketchbook, what he sees makes him shift.

Atlas leans over Rose and grabs her sketchbook, to stare at the picture she has drawn. Rose has sketched him in his wolf form. She has depicted him standing on a rock formation at the edge of the lake, he has his head thrown back howling. His wolf does like to go to the lake in the evening and howl. It used to be sorrowful howl, mourning their mate, but now it was more of a noisy claim of territory. Atlas had not realised she had been observing them. Her skill level is exceptional, and he is slightly taken aback and how she has depicted him. Magnificent and beautiful is how his wolf appears in this drawing, is this how she sees him? His attention shifts from the drawing to the sleeping she-wolf. Her long chestnut brown hair is splayed out beside her, her breasts are slightly heaving up and down with each breathe. Ripe and large are her breasts, matching her pregnant stomach. Carefully lying down beside her, he places a hand on her stomach. The pup will be arriving soon, and how he wishes it was his pup, that he had been the one to plant the seed in her womb. His wolf already thinks the pup is theirs and is ready to mark and claim the female.

Unlike his wolf, Atlas has conflicting emotions about his feelings for Rose. Is he being disloyal to his dead mate by falling in love with Rose?  He still very much wants to know the identity of his fated mate, and to find out how she died.  And what of Rose's feelings? He doesn't know if she sees him as anything more than a friend. What of her mate, he still knows nothing about him? Rose refuses to talk about him, but Altas knows he is out there somewhere. How could any male stay away from such an impossibly beautiful and sweet natured she-wolf? If she were back at Redwood, he would be having to fight off every unmated male in the pack to earn a place by her side. As he gazes at her his cock begins to twitch and thicken, he has become erect. Involuntary erections around Rose were becoming an increasing problem. He was trying to be respectful of the she-wolf, but he was a hot-blooded male, and his attraction for her was growing by the day. Not to mention his damn wolf was egging him on at every second, growing impatient and agitated at not having claimed her yet. He gently rubs circles on her belly, wondering about the pup within. Will it be a boy or a girl? He hopes it will be a little girl and look just like Rose. Looking up at her face, Rose's eyes are open, she's awake and watching him.