chapter six - royals

Start from the beginning

Before Leon can shout at you to stop, he has no choice but to follow you. However, he does as you say and shoots the armored men that make way.

Just as you reach for the cannon, a group of ganados swarm toward you, preventing you from reaching it. With your remaining bullets, you fire at them, but it isn't enough.

I need to reload!!

Now, two ganados grab onto you and push you down to the floor.

"Get off of me!" you yell as you try to prevent the ganados from picking you up.

Finally, before the ganados take you away, Leon takes them down instantly. "You love to rush me, don't you?" he speaks, frustrated at your diligence as he helps you up. "Are you alright?"

"Yes! Help me with this!" you rush, and he helps you pull the canon into the proper position.

Having no idea how to fire one, you know you only have one shot, and to get out of here, you need an exit. From a distance, you could see the gate that leads to part of the castle that you need to get to. As he takes care of the ganados, you grab a torch placed nearby to ignite it.

"Watch out!" you scream to Leon, pushing him away from the canon. The recoil alone can kill a man, but it successfully obliterates the target. Creating a messy getaway.

Nice!

Flames surround you, burning your clothing, but Leon knows if you both move fast enough, you'll make it out of the hell hole.

"Hurry!" he says and leads the way through the cloud of smoke hovering around you. Dodging their throws, you both make it safely to the inner part of the castle. To catch your breath, you take this moment to refill your mag. He does the same. As you both keep walking, you notice the courtyard that Luis was talking about earlier.

It's dark now, and you can see the stars in the sky as you approach the courtyard gates. There are hedges, making a maze of sorts. You note the flight of stairs that make way to the veranda.

Unfortunately, the courtyard gate is locked, and it needs to be opened from the other side. "Y/n," Leon calls gently and continues moving while dropping on one knee again. You look up and notice a small opening above. You nod and agree.

But suddenly, a sharp pain strikes your head, and your sight goes black. Like a vision, you saw the man with the dark robe and staff that injected you with the virus. "Our lord welcomes you,"

"What?" you mumble as your vision slowly comes back swirling. Therefore, grabbing your head for support was the only thing you could do.

Dammit. I must be hallucinating—an effect of the plague.

Your head began to pound against your skull like a racing heartbeat. You felt your stomach begin to turn on itself, and your ears couldn't stop ringing. Suddenly, a sharp, striking pain hit across the side of your head again. This time, more forceful, it makes your legs shake.

"Y/n? What's wrong?" Leon turns, noticing the painful grunt you exerted.

"Leon," you mutter.
His face became a blurry image as you felt him catch you under his arms. Your legs could no longer support your weight.

You lost all control. Your actions and thoughts weren't your own no longer. All you could hear was him.

"Pursue him."

"Instead of worrying about her...worry about your skin," you utter, and you steal Leon's knife as you push him away.

What am I doing? Stop. Stop!