chapter ten - runaways

"So, who are you working for this time...." 

"Oh, Leon...you know I don't work n' tell..."

"Hmph..."

"The girl is tougher than I thought...for being the president's daughter. But you know how this will end...don't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Be realistic, Leon. People like you and I are better off alone. I see the way you look at her."

"I appreciate your concern...Ada...but you don't know anything about me. And I clearly know nothing about you." 

"You're still hung up on that, huh?...hmm...well then...see you later...Leon."

....

What do you do when you're lost?

You stay where you are until you are found again.

In this case, it isn't that simple.

You stay still, you get killed. You have to keep moving. They are hunting you down with everything they have. So, the only way to raise the chances of your safe return home is to find Leon as quickly as possible.

The only problem is he is looking for you, too...

With twelve rounds, how far can I get without having to fight?

Not very far.

If you remember correctly, Luis said to meet him at the ballroom. With no map or way of guidance, you're lost within the massive estate.

If I can make it, maybe I could meet Leon there too.

Going around this castle maze, you aimlessly go down halls until you witness anything resembling him or the ballroom. If you, by chance, hear slow footsteps and mumbles, you quickly go into the various rooms until the ganado soldiers' sloppy steps pass you.

Shortly after, the intercom turns on to the sound of that retched voice.

"Awe, little priñcessa, you can run, but you can't hide forever! Especially when your knight in shining armor isn't around. Muahahah!"

"What a pain in the ass. You're lucky Leon hasn't found you yet." you hiss under your breath and continue making it down the hallways with your pistol ready to fire.

Approaching another door, you open it to reveal that it leads to the outside again.

You look down and see various piles of mush and green ooze decorated on the floor.

Somebody was here...could it be...

Then, the sound of gunshots fills the silence nearby.

There's only one other person with a gun that sounds like that.

"Leon!" you shout and approach the door at the end of the dark and broken walkway. "Leon! Where are you!" you shriek.

You scan your surroundings to a massive room with a dome-shaped ceiling. A gigantic chandelier remains hanging, yet the room is unrecognizable from what it used to be. The lofts were torn to shreds, and the bottom floor was covered in rubble.