3

The next morning all was quiet. Everything was right in the world. The birds were singing, the sun was shining, and Killua was late for class. He ran through the halls, ignoring the shouts behind him telling him to slow down. Killua burst through the door, startling his classmates. He was only a second late.

Killua walked casually to his desk as if he hadn't just been running through the halls and sat down. His classmates continued to talk to one other. The reason for his tardiness was the mob of news reporters outside. They swarmed UA students, trying to get them to answer their questions and dooming them to a detention for being late. At some point Killua had had enough of their blabbering and may have accidentally let slip a teensy tiny amount of bloodlust. He had glared at the news reporters bothering him and they had parted for him. It wasn't enough bloodlust to send them running in fear or even enough to make them tremble, but it surprised them and that was enough.

Aizawa came in still in his sleeping bag as usual. The sleeping bag made him look like a banana. Aizawa said something about a class rep. Iida suggested an election. Anyone who got more than one vote knew that they deserved because people voted them instead of themselves, or something like that. Personally, Killua couldn't care less about that, and he definitely didn't want the job.

His safest bet was to vote for Yaoyorozu. She had the smarts and though her confidence needed a boost he was sure that she would be able to do it. Midoriya ended up winning the vote much to the Pomeranian's dismay. Iida was depressed because he didn't get any votes. All in all it was chaos. Killua found it amusing, that is until he saw who was in second place. He was supposed to be Midoriya's right hand in a way. This meant responsibility. That wouldn't do, other than the fact that he would be leaving for his own world (hopefully) at some point, he just didn't want the added work. Midoriya, meanwhile, seemed to be both touched that he had been elected and a nervous wreck.

Oh, hell no! Killua thought. Killua found himself beside Midoriya at the front of the class. Midoriya said a few words, but Killua was too busy getting his soul sucked out of his body to listen. Midoriya stopped talking and then it was Killua's turn. "I'm gonna be honest with you guys, I'm horrible for this job. I'm immature and bratty and I hate responsibility. I'm also a year younger than all of you so putting me in this position is a horrible choice," Killua said with a deadpan expression. The rest of the class seemed too shocked to actually say anything. "That is why," Killua continued, "I think that instead of me standing in front of you beside Midoriya it should be Momo Yaoyorozu. She has the smarts for something like this and can handle the responsibility unlike me who will slack off the moment the opportunity arises. I'm asking you all to rethink your choices."

With that Killua walked back to his seat and sat down. He lied his head down on the desk and attempted to fall asleep. What was the point in staying up now? After Killua's words the class all agreed that Momo was the right choice for deputy.

~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~

Killua sat down at an empty table near the back of the cafeteria. It was the best place to sit, in Killua's opinion, since you could see almost all of the entrances and windows in the cafeteria. He liked to have a good escape plan wherever he went. It had saved him many times over the years.

Movement outside caught Killua's eye. The news reporters from this morning had apparently waited this whole time for a chance to ask their questions and talk to All Might. UA's walls had kept them off school property but now they were pushing past the gates. Killua covered his ears as alarms started to blare. There was a pause in the cafeteria. Other than the alarms it was silent. After everyone processed that the alarms were indeed going off, they started to panic. It was almost scary how in sync they were.

People screamed and ran for the doors, shoving past their fellow students and tripping over each other in an attempt to get to the exits as fast as possible. It was pure chaos. Killua sat and watched the whole thing from his table, sipping tea that he had gotten with his lunch.