She was smart enough not to throw the vase, but the water and flowers at Krish. Radhika laughed as water dripped from him, and he smelled of flowers and there were petals all over his hair and suit.

'Bilkul apni maa pe gaya hai', was followed by a look at Radhika as they both remembered her doing the same to him, 5 years back.

'Krishika!' Radhika looked at away as Krish smiled. 'Chalo, let's give you a bath, varna you'll catch a cold!' She turned back while leaving. 'Krishna, you too bathe before you catch a cold, meine kapde nikaal ke rakhe hai.'

'Waise balloons kaha se aaye?' He asked with a serious face.

'Woh...kal brownie ka birthday tha na...three month ka! usmein se bachake...' 'I don't wanna know, tum dono ka pagalpan!' He stopped her

'Radha! Radha!' He was calling, his hair wet, and he was in his track pants and tee shirt looking for something.

'Kya hua?' Her hair was wet, and let lose on one side.

'Kaha hai?'

'Kya?' She frowned. Since a few years, he always used to lose things that were right under his nose.

'Mera hair dryer'. He shrugged.

'Hands up!' Krishika entered, her hair wet holding the dryer like a revolver. 'There i t is!' Radhika exclaimed with laughter.

'Radhika, dry my hair!' Krish took the dryer from Krishika's hand, mking the kid frown.

'Ji nahi, mein pehle!' She hugged her mother. 'Meine pehle bola!' Krish counterattacked

Krishika was frowning. 'Aap jaa apne maa ke paas, yeh meri maa hai!'

'Pehle meri biwi hai!' He smiled teasing his daughter, who was possessive of her mother. 'Oho, dono ka...' Radha interrupted.

'Toh mein kya karu...mere paas toh koi nahi hai' She asked her frown deepening.

Krishika's innocent words made both her parents laugh. Krish sat down in front of his daughter, 'Aapke paas aapki dadi hai, mera nahi hai na?'

'Haan, dadi sukhaani mere baal' Krishika ran out as Radha stared at her, and then went back to Krish, who sat down and she sat on the couch, drying his hair.

'How was the trip?' She asked, as he faced her and she dried his har. 'It was successful' He smiled

She got up and hugged him. 

'Mumaaaa!' Her voice made Radha jump back quickly enough. 'Bhook lagi hai mujhe!' was followed by a pout.

'Yaha aa jao!' Krish patter his lap as Krishika came running. 'Kya kiya tumne itne din? School gaye?'

'Roz, Aur homework bhi kiya, I promised na!' She beamed. 'Good girl' He kissed Krishika's forehead.

'Krishika...Krish...khana taiyaar hai!' Radhika called out as Krishika shouted back 'Coming Mumma!' and ran.

'Uff! Ek time tha, aur ab hai...kitna chillate hai dono...kahin mere kaan na fat jaaye!' He was telling himself out loud.

'Kya kaha?' Her voice startled hik as he looked back at her standing at the door'

'Kya?' He looked away.

'Suna meine! How dare you?' She narrowed her eyes.

'How dare you!' He taunted as cushion from the couch hit his face.

'Radha!' He warned as another cushion followed. Before they knew it, they were on the bed having a pillow fight. Krishika walked back to the room, and jumped with joy.

'Yay! pillow fight!' she joined with a cushion between her parents'

Amidst the pushing and pulling and laughter, the vase on the side table fell with a noise freezing the trio as dadi came running to the scene. Seeing her, Krishika dropped the pillow and ran to hug her saying, 

'Dadi, mein yaha nahi thi, yeh dono phir se fighting!' 'Jhut!!' was a reply in unison from Krish and Radhika, as Krishika said, 'Aaj dadi khilaegi mujhe...chalo na!' dragging her away as she smiled at an embarrassed Krish while Radhika was picking up pieces of the broken vase.

That night, after dinner, Krishika came running.

'Mumma...mujhe paas wale playground pe jaake icecream khana hai..chalo na!' She said hugged her mother.

'Radhika, tum teeno jao playground, mein hoon yaha...'

'Kitne din ho gaye, we three didn't enjoy a night...' Krish smiled, as they reached the ground

The three of them, laughed, giggled and talked. Soon enough, Krishika fell asleep on Radhika's lap. Krish glanced at his very own daughter and smiled.

Radhika was busy looking at the stars, and here Krish adored her face, which shone bright under the moonlight.

After a few minutes, he looked away.

'Kya hua Krishna?' She asked comforting Krishika on her lap.

'Kuch nahi...bas soch raha hoon ki kitna lucky hoon mein...I have got a such an understanding and a caring partener, and such a beautiful daughter!'

'Hmm...mein bhi khud ko lucky maanti hoon, ki mujhe tere jaisa partner mila...understanding and caring!' 

They both shared a brief eye lock.

'Our life really changed once Krishika came...now we can't even imagine one second without her...hai na?' Krish asked looking at the stars.

'Yeah...without her, our life is incomplete...sach mein...'

They gazed at the stars, marveling at the fate that bestowed upon them such a wonderful and affectionate daughter, along with the blessings of a loving family.

🍃🍃🍃