Chapter 36

They all walked into the room and discovered her peacefully sleeping, holding onto a corner of the blanket while the rest lay on the floor. Krish couldn't believe his eyes when he saw her. They patiently waited for the clock to strike 12. Krish settled on the couch with his guitar.

When the clock struck midnight, he began playing the "Happy Birthday" tune. Although she was sound asleep, the beautiful music of the guitar stirred her, and she slowly opened her eyes, rubbing them as she sat up. The room was completely dark, and she couldn't see anyone.

Following Krish's signal, Maya turned on the lights, and everyone shouted "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" together. She was surprised to find Krish playing the guitar. Seeing her whole family and even her grandmothers, she was speechless and couldn't react.

Both grandmothers approached her, hugged her, and wished her a happy birthday.

Radhika: 'Thank you so much aap sabko-' 

She wasn't able to speak anything more.

Mom: 'Emotional nahi hona hai beta...mujhe pata hai tumhe kaisa lag raha hoga...lekin koi baat nahi...dukh gaya... ab khush hone ka time hai... (She cupped her face) haina...?' 

Radhika nodded

Maya: 'Happy Birthday Bhabi...' (She hugged Radhika tightly)

Dad: 'Humesha khush raho beta...Humesha muskurate raho...'

Radhika: 'Waise aap sabko mera birthday pata kaise chala...?'

Nani: 'Meine bataya aur kya...mujhe pata tha ki... tu to batayegi nahi...'

Krish: 'Bas bas no more interrogation...now it's the time to cut the cake...'

He removed the cake from the box and put it in front of her. The cake had "Happy Birthday Radha" written on it.

Maya: 'Radha...Bhabi ka naam to Radhika hai na...?'

Radhika: 'Woh...Krish ne mera nick name rakha hai...' (She said shyly)

Maya: 'Aree waah bhai... nick name bhi rakh dia... mujhe bataya bhi nahi...?'

Krish: 'Chup kar tu...woh to meine aise hi...' (He said scratching the back of his neck)

Maya: 'Haan haan pata hai mujhe sab...'

He slapped lightly on her head

Krish: 'Aree... tum cake cut karo na... yeh pagal ki baatein mat suno...'

Radhika cut the cake and gave the first bites to both grandmothers, then her parents, and Maya. Everyone wished her again before returning to their rooms. Krish closed the door and returned to Radhika, apologizing for wishing her last. He said, "Happy Birthday, Radha."

Radhika: 'Thank you so much Krishna'...(She said feeding him cake)

Krish: 'Wait wait.... now what is this Krishna...'

Radhika: Kyunnnn.... nick name dene sirf tumhe hi aate hai...?' (She said winking at him)

Krish: 'Not bad haan...chalo sabne to tumhe cake khila dia...mein bhi khila hi deta hoon...'

(He smirked)

He grabbed a large piece of cake and playfully smeared it on her face without any warning. She tried to protect herself, but he was too strong.

Radhika: 'Yeh kya kiyaaaa....!!'

Krish: 'Wahi jo birthday wale din karte hai...iske bina birthday pura thod hi na hota hai...'