𝚂𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜

A Y A A N

Today, I'm feeling a lot of anger. Our financial system is lacking, our company is losing money, and an important meeting got canceled, which would have brought in a lot of profit. Everything seems to be going downhill, and I have no idea how to turn it around.

My anger intensified when the door opened with a knock but not with my permission. I knew who it was, Esha—that girl who lacked any respect. She always ruined my mood by entering the office room without my permission. I just wanted to give her a slap right across her face. It's fortunate for her that she's a woman; I don't resort to violence.

Usually, I would just tell her to get out or get lost, or even threaten to fire her. But today, I was so angry that I couldn't do even that simple thing. In the heat of the moment, all I saw was red, and I blurted out what was on my mind to her.

"I didn't give you permission to enter the room. How dare you? Just because you're part of my family now doesn't mean you can enter without my approval."

She had no right to barge into my office. If Vienna had come instead, maybe my mood would be better.

"I just came here to give lunch." My head shot up, a shock filling me as I saw Vienna. Her eyes were teary, but before I could utter any words, she left.

Regret filled me for every word I had said, it wasn't meant for her. Those types of words should never escape my mouth for her.

I know that she holds the power to command respect from me to the extent that I would be on my knees, touching her feet and worshiping her. Yelling or shouting at her is out of line, and it's something I would never do. Certainly, I wouldn't yell at a girl who is slowly stealing my heart away.

I wanted to follow and apologize to her, to be on my knees for forgiveness. These words weren't meant for her, and I needed to clear this misunderstanding.

However, I had work to handle here, and I couldn't afford any more losses today. So, I held the guilt and regret in my heart, forcing my brain to focus on addressing the downfall of my company. I promised myself that I would apologize when I go back.

The untouched lunch sat before me as I struggled to focus on my work. It seemed to be a futile effort, but eventually, I managed to address some of the losses. Finally, I headed home, carrying the weight of the day with me.

The traffic in Mumbai is always too much. I've always hated it, but today "hate" isn't a strong enough word. I need to reach her as fast as possible, but the traffic is not letting me at all.

After enduring the patience-testing traffic, I reached home. Upon entering, I found everyone settled in the living room. She was there too, but it seemed like she was only physically present, not mentally. The realization hit me that all of this had happened because of me.

I went straight and sat beside her. Mom acknowledged me, and then she finally noticed me. She looked sad initially, but now she was mad, and I could feel that.

She shifted away a little, silently expressing that she didn't want my presence near her. However, I'm selfish—I won't go away. So, I just shifted a little toward her, and she shifted too, until there was no more space to shift.

"Your husband is here, bring him water. Is this your saying even after having a job you will be good daughter in law?" Dadi said, but I wasn't in the mood to deal with her.

"Dadi, please. Don't start."

"What? It's what it is."

Vienna stood up before saying to me, "Just because I'm part of your family doesn't mean, I should bring you water every day, right?"