Chapter 13: Spider-Lady Hunt

Start from the beginning

"So there's a chance they got mixed up wi-" Bulkhead abruptly paused. Conspiratorially, he asked, "Do you guys hear that?"

That's when the other two Bots noticed the faint sound of screaming. It was followed by an explosion and a monstrous roar. Bulkhead nearly crashed into the concrete road barrier when the distinct form of a pteranodon rose into the sky before diving back down past the trees. There was another explosion.

"Well, we found them." Prowl quipped. It wasn't helping Prime's mood but he couldn't resist.

About a minute later, the three Cybertronians were able to see a crowd running down the street in a panic. The Autobots abruptly slowed down before transforming into bi-pedal mode. It was easier to avoid hitting a human that way.

Off in the distance were three familiar dinosaurs.

"Spider-Lady! Spider-Lady!" Grimlock called out, awaiting a response that never came. Humans, animals, and automatons ran for cover as he battered his tail against any objects he could reach. No one was safe from the Dinobot's tantrum.

Meanwhile, the pteranodon was scaling the walls of a building, shattering just about every window with his claws. He squawked every so often at the people in the buildings and on the street.

Captain Fanzone stood near the building's entrance, barking orders through a megaphone. First responders were guiding people out of the building. Despite the three ambulances, no one appeared to be gravely injured. The building's workers were terrified but otherwise fine.

The triceratops Dinobot was much more docile. He was laying on a row of police cars, all the while ignoring the protests of the frustrated policemen that surrounded him. Instead, the triceratops happily gnawed away at the leaves of a splintered tree. A camera bot was skewered on one of his horns while a police drone was shish-kabobed on the other.

It was about the level of chaos that one would expect from the Dinobots.

"Gah! Where are puny humans hiding Spider-Lady?!" Grimlock roared again, fire spewing from his mouth. He kept pacing around the area and destroying property.

"Who is he talking about?" Bulkhead asked, genuinely bewildered.

"A Decepticon named Blackarachnia. She's the most recent bot to turn the Dinobots into lackeys." Prowl explained, choosing his words carefully. Optimus Prime often came to Blackarachnia's defense, similar to how Prowl treated the Dinobots.

"Looks like they really miss her."

"She tends to have that effect on people." A sour frown pulled at Optimus's lips. That was another thing, he always muttered cryptic and mysterious phrases when mentioning Blackarachnia. No one but Sari knew the specifics of Prime's connection to Blackarachnia, and Sari firmly refused to tell anyone else.

"Hey! Are you gonna stand there all day or are you going to help?!" Fanzone shouted at the Autobots, his voice distorted by the megaphone.

"Let me talk to them first." Prowl turned to the red and blue bot. He almost didn't need to ask. Optimus immediately gave his approval. Prowl turned on his heels and strode toward the rampaging tyrannosaur. Prowl spoke above the sound of the scared humans and upset Dinobots. "Grimlock, what's going on? What are you doing off Dinobot Island?"

Grimlock swiveled his head to the ninjabot before giving a dismissive snort. Prowl tried not to be offended.

But as Grimlock began to turn away, he did a double-take. His gaze zeroed in on Optimus Prime and everyone else became nonexistent. Grimlock charged at the Prime at full speed. Optimus only had a few astroseconds to react. He quickly raised his arm to fire a bola. It wrapped around the Dinobot's legs and he only managed two more steps before falling forward. The ground quaked as the giant bot hit the ground.