POWER STATION SURROUNDED BY TREES

The van with the driver who was affronted by the police convoy pulled up by the open gate. Scowling, he put the parking break on and picked up a clipboard.

The Delivery Truck Driver said, "Das kann nicht richtig sein. Was zum Teufel?

(This can't be right. What the hell?)

SECURED CHAMBER

A guard connected a pipe to Bucky's prison pod. The lights inside dimmed for a moment.

GLASS-WALLED OFFICE

Tony found Steve and Anneliese inside overlooking the control room and said, "Hey, you wanna see something cool? I pulled something from Dad's archives. Felt timely." He showed them two pens in a black presentation box. "FDR signed the Lend-Lease bill with these in 1941. Provided support to the Allies when they needed it most."

"Some would say it brought our country closer to war," Steve returned.

"See? If not for these, you wouldn't be here. I'm trying to... what do you call it? That's an olive branch. Is that what you call it?"

"Is Pepper here? Lisie and I didn't see her."

"We're kinda... well, not kinda..."

"Pregnant?"

"No. Definitely not. We're taking a break. It's nobody's fault."

"I'm so sorry, Tony. I didn't know."

"A few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then, we had to mop up HYDRA... and then Ultron. My fault. And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't wanna stop. I don't wanna lose her. I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference." Tony stood and paced. "In her defense, I'm a handful. Yet, Dad was a pain in the ass, but he and Mom always made it work."

"You know, I'm glad Howard got married. Lisie and I only knew him when he was young and single."

"Oh, really? You three knew each other? He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times. God, I hated you."

"I don't mean to make things difficult."

"I know, because you're a very polite person."

"If I see a situation pointed south... I can't ignore it. Neither can Lisie. Sometimes I wish I could."

"No, you don't."

Steve smiled thinly before replying, "No, I don't. Sometimes..."

"Sometimes I wanna punch you in your perfect teeth. But I don't wanna see you gone. We need you, Cap. We need you too, Anneliese. So far, nothing's happened that can't be undone, if you sign. We can make the last 24 hours legit. Barnes gets transferred to an American psych-center... instead of a Wakandan prison."

Anneliese narrowed her eyes. 'Sentence an innocent man to prison? I won't do it.'

"Is he really that innocent?"

Her eyes narrowed further. 'In this case, yes. Why can't you people see the truth?!'

Steve glanced at his friend and frowned thoughtfully before picking up one of the fountain pens. He stood and paced, then turned to Tony. In the control room beyond, there were multiple screens on the walls. "I'm not saying it's impossible, but there would have to be safeguards."

"Sure. Once we put out the PR fire, those documents can be amended. I'd file a motion to have you and Wanda reinstated..."

"Wanda? What about Wanda?"