Movies and Taste Testings

Start from the beginning

Smiling and blushing, Sanem answered, Hi, Can, it's nice to hear from you too. I mean speak to you..

Frankie rolled her eyes and motioned her hands for Sanem to get to it.

Waving her hands, Sanem said, Um, Can. I was wondering...I know you're probably really busy and I'm not giving you much notice..

Just ask me, Sanem! Can said enthusiastically.

Taking a deep breath in, she continued, Would you be free this afternoon to go to my parent's restaurant and do a taste testing? I mean, I know...

Okay, Can said quickly.

Okay? Sanem asked, questioning his quick response.

Okay! I'm in! Can confirmed.

Wow, that was quick. Okay, great. I'll text the address and I can...Sanem started to say.

No, I'll come pick you up. Just tell me what time and we can go together, Can offered.

Alright, I'll be ready at, say..3? Sanem asked.

I'll see you at 3! Can said.

Frankie was jumping up and down with her fists in the air in celebration when Sanem hung up.

Frankie, stop jumping around and help me find something to wear! Sanem said, still in shock.

_____________________

Hanging up with Sanem, Can sat in Mamut's office with a silly wide grin.

Can, Can...hey man, are you still with me? Mamut asked. You sound like you just made plans for this afternoon but you were supposed to sit down with the Dolce & Gabbana rep! 

Just reschedule it. This is really important and...just tell them...something personal came up. I'll meet with them another time either before or right after Izmir. Please, Mamut, don't look at me like that. I've got to go! Can said, looking at his watch.

Shaking his head and grabbing the phone, Mamut made the call. Mumbling to himself, he said, Can, I hope you know what you're doing with your life, brother...

________________________

After picking Sanem up at her apartment, Can asked about the tasting. Sanem filled him in while he laughed hysterically.

I can't wait to meet your Mom! She sounds like a lot of fun, Can said, smiling.

OH she's something alright, she answered.

He reached his hand over towards Sanem's, giving her a look that asked permission. Looking down at it, she placed her hand in his and smiled. How could a man's hand be beautiful too, she thought.

Can, I don't want you to get the wrong idea about coming to meet my Mom and possibly my Dad

Can, I don't want you to get the wrong idea about coming to meet my Mom and possibly my Dad. This just came up and I thought that if someone in our neighborhood showed her the picture of us in Ankara, I could explain that we're...Sanem said realizing she was painting herself into a corner.