Nine - Letters

It had been a few days since their awkward exchange in the pool, and Penelope was avoiding Colin Bridgerton. Quite successfully. Well... apart from his constant messages, gifts and glances.

He was rather becoming quite persistent. Even using Hyacinth as his go between as he clearly felt she was avoiding him, and there no way Penelope could resist an adorable younger Hyacinth. He made sure to text her every morning, even though she ignored it. He would leave her favourite wine, and snacks by her door every night. And finally, He'd not stop looking at her every moment he got a chance.

Penelope couldn't understand what was going on. It was becoming rather tiresome. The mixed messages were becoming increasingly annoying. She couldn't make out if his efforts were indeed an apology, or did he have some other reason behind his lack of self awareness.

She was sure she would find out as Daphne had planned a trip to the town for dinner, it was just the siblings plus Penelope, minus the newly married couple. They weren't ready to leave their hotel room just yet. It was rather sweet. Eloise had texted Penelope asking for cover for tonight, explaining Philip had arranged a private viewing at an observatory around an hour away. It so was romantic, but Penelope was a terrible liar and Daphne saw straight through it. But it was Eloise's honeymoon and no one could judge her absence.

Daphne, Francesca, and Hyacinth turned up to Penelope's room about an hour before they were due to depart. They came knocking with a bottle of champagne and a dress bag. Penelope was shocked when Daphne passed her the dress.

"Well, the modiste made you a dress for Italy. She said she was simply inspired by you, and made you a gown for an 'Italian' experience. She had it shipped here yesterday, free of charge."

Daphne stood and unzipped the bag.

"Omg we are so excited to show you. Fran has made me keep quiet these past two days and I've been dying to tell you."

Said Hyacinth as she jumped on the freshly made bed. Francesca just rolled her eyes and mouthed sorry towards Penelope. Penelope wasn't bothered and just shrugged her shoulders.

As Daphne unzipped the bag and out flowed a green silk dress. It was 3/4 sleeved, and had a knee length cut, it was pulled in the middle by a large bow at the back. The dress wasn't restrictive as it flowed and floated out in waves of silk.

Daphne physically shoved her into the bathroom to try it on.

"Chop chop."

Daphnes orders were becoming accustomed on this trip. When Penelope came out of the bathroom the girls clapped, whistled and made comments regarding her enhanced bust. It made Penelope blush, and feel pretty. Supportive girls were always her favourite, and the Bridgerton's never disappointed on that front.

"Hair up I think, this dress needs showcased."

Francesca said as she stood behind Penelope in her reflection pulling Penelope's hair into a messy bun.

"Guys I can't wear this, it's far too fancy."

The dress was a square neckline that plunged down into her breasts, it created a slight overflow as her breasts peaked over the line and raised constantly with each of her breaths. The sleeves were beautiful, and added the bonus of covering up some patchy tan lines. When she turned around she noticed the bow at the back, that bow pulled her waist in perfectly, she felt like an extremely well wrapped present. The satin waves of the dress just came above her knee.

She just couldn't believe a dress could fill her was so much confidence. It was stunning, the whole dress was magnificent.

"Give it a rest Featherington, we're all dressing up tonight. Even the boys will be in tuxedos. It's a fancy Italian restaurant that we are heading to, so dressing up is a necessity."