Chapter 50- Epilogue

Start from the beginning

The two sisters stared at each other, both in their own emotions. Natasha glanced at me and at Hadrian, then back at Isolde.
She tossed the crossbow aside " I'm sorry, Aunt. I can't do it" Natasha said and my heart leaped for joy. Thank you, God!!

"Coward!!" Isolde growled and picked up the crossbow. She aimed at me and everywhere went silent to my hearing. My feet grew cold immediately. Just then, a swoosh was heard from the deafness. My eyes went shut and I awaited the lightness but I felt nothing. I slowly opened my eyes to see Isolde hit. She glared at her torso and staggered to stand as she lifted the crossbow again at me but this time, Natasha ran toward her, shoulder first and the two landed in a heap on the floor. Isolde went unconscious immediately.

All eyes turned to Cedric, who simply smiled.

"Tasha" Eleanor screamed and ran toward her sister. Natasha didn't run back, she spread out her arms and welcomed her sister in her embrace.

"Irene!" Hadrian's voice interrupted me and my heart was in another fit of joy. He hurried toward me, pulled me away from the cliff and untying the ropes. I didn't waste time, immediately the last rope was loosed, I wrapped my arms around him. Thank you, Thank you God.

"Are you okay?" He asked pulling away from the embrace to check if I was okay, behind my ears, my hair and on my head. I giggle and slap his hand.

"I am fine, silly" I smile, recalling I only call my father silly. Wrapping my hands around him again, I said "I am never leaving you this time again"

"Neither am I"

"Hadrian?" Natasha's voice interrupted us and for the first time, I wasn't angry I heard her speak. Pulling away from the hug, Hadrian stood up and helped me up before facing her. "I..."

"No, no more. I forgive you. Thank you for choosing us" Hadrian said.

Natasha glanced at her sister who gave her a warm, reassuring smile then turned to me "Irene..." She began, my heart skipped a beat and I swallowed the lump in my throat " I am sorry, for everything I and Isolde did you. Please forgive me" she sniffed and glanced at her sister again "I... I am perfectly fine with your relationship with Hadrian" she finished.

Word's could not explain how much I felt, I simply drew high her and caught her in between my arms. Shocked, she was at first before she sobered and hugged me back "I forgive you" I whispered in her ears and she tightened her grip. I signalled me hand to Eleanor and Hadrian, even Cedric who stood silently watching us, for all to join in the hug. They all came and we embraced each other.

************
Hadrian's POV

The palace gardens were quiet but children's playful giggles and laughter intruding the rose bushes, the past few days in Diera was peaceful. Cedric and I signed a treaty, Eleanor and Frederick were off to Arran to finalize their wedding plans, Natasha decided to follow them, so as to spend more time with her sister, although, the rules state that she goes on trail and punishment for her treason but I could not punish her by death. I had to banish her from Diera. It pained me to see her leave but that was what I could do. Now, I was on to my next step.

"Hadrian?" A familiar voice interrupted my thoughts. I turned to see Irene as she graced the gardens with her presence. Her smile warmed my heart as I played my finger with the golden diamond ring in my pocket.

"Irene" I drew out my hand for her to place hers and she did.

"Why did you summon me, your highness?" She curtsied and smiled again.
I chuckled at her playful demeanor.

"Irene, there's something I need to tell you" I said.

"What's wrong?" Her voice expressed worry.

"Irene, I remember when I was alone and did not feel love. I felt empty, like I was never meant to be but all that changed when you came into my life. If it were not for you, I would never have been able to meet William who introduced Jesus to us" I said as her worried expression turned bright.

"Thank God for that" She simply called, her voice hardly heard.

******
Irene's POV
Hadrian's attitude was beginning to scare me, although his facial expression was light.

"Hadrian, is everything okay?" I asked, curious.

He raised our hands and placed his lips at the back of my palm. All of a sudden, he lowered to to the ground and knelt one one knee.

"Hadrian" a tear escaped from my eyes and with my hands, I used to cover my mouth.

He reached into his pocket and brought out a golden ring, it was so beautiful yet so small, it was sparkling and a diamond was embedded on it's surface.

"I don't deserve you, Irene. You remind me of so much, of a mother I never had. I hated myself for so long thinking I was the cause of her death but you saw me through it. I love you, Irene" my eyes could not control the tears. "Do me the honour and become my wife" he broke a smile and my heart melted at the sight of it.

I thought of everything and everyone, every storms we passed and how we always, somehow came out victorious. Staring into his eyes, I only saw love but I wasn't ready to become a queen.

'Say yes' the winds blew by me and I heard a still voice, almost silent and I couldn't deny it.

"Irene?"

Snapping me back from my amazed state, I screamed "Yes, yes, yes!" Hadrian smiled broadly and slid the ring into my middle finger. He got up and pulled me into his warm embrace. Hugging him tightly, he swept me off my feet and swirled me around.

"Thank you!!" He shouted and kissed my neck multiple times. All those pain and suffering I thought it was between us but it only built something greater. Who thought of it that a slave will become a wife to the king. Thinking of it, being a wife to the king would be too luxurious

We took the final spin and he dropped me on my feet and he peered into my eyes.

"Have I ever told you how much I love your eyes?" I said and shifted his gold bl ack hair to the back of his ear.

"What's that?"

"My home would be filled with laughter and joy"

"And children, children who will serve God" he whispered and put his forehead on mine. "I love you, Irene. Always"

"I love you"

Wrapping my arms around his neck,we kissed under the stars. I was beyond happy. Pulling away from the kiss, we stared into each others eyes.

"We should pray" I said. Hadrian smiled and nodded immediately. We knelt down together and we looked to the heavens and prayed.

The End

A/N

Hiiii

Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!
We did it, we finished the book.

I love all of you. This book is dedicated to all of you out there who feel a void in them but this is to tell you that there is hope and there is a Light, His name is Jesus. Friends may turn their back on you, people may betray you but Jesus will never turn His back on you. Even now he knocks that you may open the door and He shall dine with you and you with Him.

Lift up your heads, O ye gates
And be ye lifted up, ye everlasting doors.
That the King of Glory may come in.
Who is this King of Glory??
The Lord Strong and Mighty, The Lord mighty in battle!!!!!!!!!

God loves you!!!!