Chapter eighteen

18.

Natasha's POV

"Seems like he's going out for hunting," I say to Isolde who sits on the dining chair in her room.

"You could've followed him" Isolde points out.

"He would never have allowed me" I pout.

Hadrian went out not too long ago, he said he was going hunting but I didn't press further to know more, he would never let me follow, he had just been acting so strange towards me, no reason why but I must get him.

"We need to do something fast, something tells me that he's up to something," Isolde says which got me thinking, maybe it could be.

"What are you saying?" I inquire more.

"Nothing much just that Hadrian is not behaving like the Hadrian I know," She says. I thought of it for a while and realized that it was true.

Three knocks went on the door.

"Come in," Isolde says in a commanding tone. I love her tone.

The door opens slowly and a servant walks in. We both ignore her as we saw some sheets in her hands.

"Greetings majesties" she greets but we don't answer. I was still in an angry wreck that Hadrian seems to have changed.

"Your highness" the servant bows facing Isolde.

"Yes?" She immediately answered.

"I have some information on Hadrian and Irene" with this we both shrugged out of our comfort zone.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"My name is Hattie, majesty" she bows.

"Okay, Hattie, what do you know about my betrothed?" I inquire.

She heaved a sigh before starting"For years I have been seen as no one, then Irene comes into my life and makes it harder, she came here telling me about everything the prince does for her even after I told her what transpired between the prince and i which is in the past now, yesterday she told me that the prince had asked her out for a little picnic by the whistling waters close to the mountains to the north. They left not long ago".

"The prince went alone," I tell her.

"She went with him, she told me they'd catch up close to the lower gates" Hattie sobs a little. My anger was boiling and I just wanted to hurt somebody.

"Why are you telling us this I mean Irene is your friend" Isolde points out.

"She is not, she betrayed the crown by being with the princess's betrothed. Lady Natasha deserves the prince and you, my queen deserves the throne, I am only here to be of help" She tells us.

Isolde walks up to her"Irene has the guts, I will make her pay, dearly"Isolde began making emphasis on DEARLY, she continues"Hattie right? good job this won't go unrewarded, in the meantime, act as if nothing happened and I promise when I become queen, you will have a say in my court" she smiles spitefully and Hattie returned with a wicked smile. 

"Thank you, your highness" She bows.

"Go now" Isolde ordered and Hattie blew off.

I let my anger out screaming, I wanted to just do bad things to Irene" I will kill her!"I began.

"Careful my child, Let's give her a slow poison" Isolde smiles and that smile means she has a plan.

"What will you do?" I ask curiously.

She just smiles"wait and see" with this she walked out of the room leaving me to my frustrations. I thought Hadrian loved me. 

***************