Kabanata 44

Kabanata 44

Macy

“I am going with you, guys.”

I volunteered, standing up on my seat as Clev and Silas’ trusted men entered the warehouse where we are keeping my beloved cousin Miko. It’s actually a factory owned by the Valle and the nearest hide-out we can go after the trial has been rescheduled because Governor Simson immediately left upon knowing what happened to Miko.

So far, he’s not doing anything yet. But it doesn’t mean he’s not preparing.

Kasunod ni Clev si Azi tapos si Flynn na ngayon ko lang nakita. He’s Clev’s older brother. Hindi siya madalas umuwi dahil nag-aaral siya sa Manila. Hindi na ako nagulat na kasunod nila si Raj at Cival na mga pinsan din ni Silas.

Silas’ grandfather called all his grandchildren back home in fear that something might happen to them in Manila while we’re dealing with Governor Simson.

“And why would you come?” Tinaasan ako ng kilay ni Clev.

“Why not?”

“Because you are pregnant,” Prix replied, checking me out. “Aren’t you due already?”

“Next month,” sabi ko. Although, my bump is not huge. Hindi nga rin halata na buntis ako. It might be because of my fit that you would think I am just bloated.

“So what?” reklamo ko.

“Do you want Silas to kill me?” Clev scowled. “Isang oras niya akong sinermunan dahil tinulungan kita na kidnapin si Miko.”

“Well, it’s not my fault Miko is stupid. Bakit kasi hindi siya alerto?”

I planned on kidnapping one of Governor Simson’s trusted men while they’re having the trial. It wasn’t really Miko but I figured out it would be harder to kidnap his trained men than Miko who is plain stupid. I also know the danger of what I am going to do so I asked Clev’s help. He didn’t agree but I left him with no choice when I went out of the courtroom to follow Miko to the comfort room.

I caught Miko off guard, sprayed pepper spray in his eyes, then punched him in the stomach. He was able to confess before I injected him with a sleeping drug. Clev saw me so he didn’t have a choice but to carry Miko out of the building while Tiel hacked their system so the CCTV footage will be erased. And now we have my stupid cousin—staring at me and probably cursing me. Although, he cannot say it out loud because I put tape in his mouth.

“You’re going to stay in the mansion with Prix while we bring Miko to Governor Simson,” Raj said.

“Hell, no!” Mabilis na umiling ako. “Hindi naman maselan ang pagbubuntis ko. I can handle this and I want to see Anthony.”

“No, Silas will kill us if he learns that you came with us,” Flynn.

“He’s not going to know if you’re not going to tell him,” sagot ko.

“He’s going to know if you die,” Clev reasoned out.

“I am not going to die.”

“You’ll never know that,” Prix.

Pinagkaisahan na nila ako. Huminga ako nang malalim tapos tiningnan ko sila isa-isa. Hindi talaga ako mananalo sa kanila at hindi ko rin naman sila kayang kalabanin lahat especially in my condition.

“Fine, how about I will just stay in the car?”

“They might ambush you guys, so no,” Prix replied. I see that he’s the one deciding now, being the eldest of them all. “You will stay with me and we will wait. They know what they are doing so just trust them.”