Kabanata 4

KABANATA 4

Macy

"Did you sleep well, Mayor Silas?" I greeted him with a smile as soon as he opened the door of his room.

He literally jumped of his feet upon hearing that. Of course, he should be. Ilang minuto na akong nakatayo sa labas ng kwarto niya para gulatin siya. And also to check if he slept well after I said that pick-up line.

Wala kasi siyang reaksyon sa sinabi ko kaya hindi ko alam kung natuwa ba siya o ano. Nahiya ako para sa sarili ko but I needed every pick-up line in the world if it means he is going to fall for me.

"God, Mac-Miss Decano, what are you doing outside my room at this hour? It's four in the morning."

"To greet you good morning, Mayor Silas, and I was about to wake you up in case you missed your alarm clock." I sweetly smiled. Kadiri. Nasusuka ako sa sarili ko.

Mayor Silas looked at me in disbelief. He hasn't changed yet in his PJ's which means he has not yet taken a shower. He'll just go out in the flower field to wait for the sunrise while playing his flute.

"I don't miss my alarm clock, Miss Decano," he replied. "But thank you. Next time, you do not need to do that. You can still sleep. Your duty starts at 5 in the morning," paalala niya.

"Ah, yes, Mayor. Sorry, I just couldn't sleep."

Ngumiti na lang ako. Mission failed. Paano kaya ako makakapasok sa kwarto niya para ilagay ang hidden camera?

"Why? Naninibago ka ba sa kwarto mo?" tanong niya habang pababa na kami sa hagdanan.

Ilang araw na ako sa bago kong posisyon pero kagabi lang kami lumipat sa sarili naming kwarto dahil nirenovate pa ito. Anim na palapag ang mansyon nila. Ang buong third floor ay para lamang kay Mayor Silas. Dito rin sa floor na ito kaming mga homey bodyguards niya natutulog tapos off limits na ang ibang floor. Hindi rin basta-basta makapapasok dahil may pintuan bago makapasok sa palapag tapos fingerprints ang lock.

Dahil sa nag-iisang babae ako ay may sarili akong kwarto, katapat lang ng kwarto ni Mayor Silas. Hindi naman kailangan na gising kami buong magdamag dahil may mga bodyguards na nakatoka sa madaling araw.

"Hindi lang ako sanay sa malambot na kama." I lied.

"Should I remove the bed, then?" He playfully jokes.

"Yes, remove it and replace it with your bed because I might sleep comfortably knowing it's the bed of Mayor Silas." It came out naturally that I myself didn't expect it.

"You really know your way to people, huh," I whispered.

"Huh?" He turned to me as he waited me reach the floor. Napansin ko na gusto niya akong alalayan pababa pero hindi na lang niya ginawa. "What did you say?"

"That you're different from what I heard. A lot of people told me that you're serious and strict but how come you're joking right now?"

"Do you want me to tell you a secret?"

"Yes, sure." I nodded.

Sasabihin na ba niya na kasalanan ng pamilya niya ang pagkamatay ng magulang ko? Aaminin kaya niya kapag inamin ko kung sino ako?

"You are the only one who can talk to me like that. I was supposed to say that the first time but I decided to let it go."

"Okay, should I accept that as a compliment or an insult? And should I say thank you?"

"See. You're the only one brave enough to respond to me like that...except for my family and close friends. And do not dare give me another pick-up line about you asking to be part of my family, Miss Decano. I had enough of you asking to be my girlfriend."