It took me a few seconds to process what he said and left me shocked. What does he even mean by that?

“Anjaneya, you better keep him away from me. If I do it myself, he’ll end up six feet below my feet.”

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Today's entire shoot took place in the temple itself. It wasn't easy and peaceful, there were a lot of on spot changes, confusion and chaos. At the same time it wasn't that bad either.

I glanced at my watch that said twenty minutes past five. The shoot wrapped up at five and I left ten minutes ago after bidding bye to everyone.

I decided to visit my favorite bookstore- Kalini located in the market next street. The bookstore was an old, small yet filled kind of book one would look for. Retro classics, thrillers to toe curling erotic fictions.

From outside, It looks like yet another old cottage with cracks and crevices. Creeper plants dropping down and a small metal board that says - Kalini.

Stepping in, I greeted the sweet middle aged woman who owns this place, Savitha aunty. The great lady who introduced me to the genre of romance books.

“Good evening lady love” Savitha aunty wishes as she sees me and steps forward to give me a hug.

“I was waiting for you only. Your new book got a really good response. Also I got an order of 50 copies on the first day itself from one person alone.” she informs, pouring a cup of tea for me.

“Damn. My Book’s that good?” I raise my brows.

“Apparently the person doesn't like to read books but still bought so many.” Savitha aunty added.

“What?”

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Kian's pov

I was afraid Savitha aunty would disclose my identity. Fortunately she did not and I owe her one for it.

I didn't feel like going home so here I am tailing behind her like a lost puppy. But in a distance of course.

If that Rakshasi catches me following her, I’ll end up in the gutter and come out looking like a monster showing which all the mothers say, “Eat your food or he’ll take you away.” hoping to scare them.

Rakshasi. 𝘔𝘺 𝘳𝘢𝘬𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘪

Ruani entered a jewelry shop and I sneaked behind her. While observing the place, my eyes landed on a man who was choosing a set of bangles for his wife.

An Idea flashed into my mind. I walked up to an elderly man who owns this place, “Yajmanre, alli idala alla, avlu nan hudugi. Avlge bale kodas beku anta asse. Nan mele tumba kopa madkond idale, kotre isokandala. Nan set madidre niv avlige kodthira please?” I requested him to which he nodded.

(Boss, the girl over there is my lady. I want to buy her bangles but she's mad at me. There's no way she’ll accept it.so, I’ll make her a set of bangles. Will you please give it to her?)

I walked him and towards the bangles section. After almost ten minutes I was done.

I chose a set of purple, lavender and white thread bangles. White stoned ones on the either side and in the middle. It complemented her outfit very well.

 It complemented her outfit very well

(The bangles)

(Her fit)

After paying for it, I handed it to the same man exited the place, waiting for her outside.

A few minutes later, Ruani walked out wearing the bangles I chose for her. It bought a smile on my face.

She continued to explore the market for an hour. And I followed her. My legs had started to ache but I couldn't give up.

Finally, looks like the god blessed her with some brain. She decided to call it a day and called an auto.

My bike was parked too far away. Leaving me with no other option but to get a rapido.

However, this rakshasi had changed her mind and the auto turned the other way, opposite to the route that leads home.

Ruani got off at a dance coaching centre and waited there for another few minutes till a burgundy haired girl joined her.

I’m guessing it's karvi, kasi or whatever her name is. And wow, Satvik is here too.

She joined them in the car and they left. Here I am left all alone. Plus my bike is still at the market. Lord Hari, how can you hate me so much?

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷
Hey!

Ik the chapter was small, baer with it 🤧

{Word count~ 1188}

Do let me know how the chapter was❤️

Vote, comment and share if you like it☺️

~Love Rani