05 | i won't tell you again

01X02☮︎ Live a Little ☮︎

01X02
☮︎ Live a Little ☮︎

"Good morning." Jackie greeted as she entered the kitchen, having just returned from her run. She was given silence by Isaac and Lee who were sat eating breakfast, glaring at her as they did so.

"Come on, you guys." Nathan called, feeling sympathy for the girl. The boys, along with Jordan, continued to ignore him.

"Hold on. Is everyone mad at me?" Jackie muttered to Nathan under her breath as she read the room.

"Well, you did press the nuclear snitch button." Nathan sighed with a shrug. He quickly tried to comfort, "They're mad at Alex too. They'll get over it."

"That's not why." Isaac interrupted, not bothering to look up from his breakfast.

"It's not?" Alex asked in confusion. If they weren't mad about the snitching, he wasn't sure what else he had done.

"For you, it is." Isaac rolled his eyes, unbothered.

This created uncertainty in the room for everyone except Isaac and Lee. Both Nathan and Alex stared at the boys in question, unsure what else Jackie could have done. Unbeknownst to them, the Garcia boys were angry at Jackie for Lilah. The previous night when Katherine inevitably forced Cole to inform her about the girl, naturally Isaac and Lee decided to eavesdrop - and they were pissed.

Before long, Katherine interrupted the tension in the room when she pulled Jackie aside. She wasn't sure what to think; Kiley had been certain Jackie's actions were on purpose, but the woman simply couldn't discern the motive.

"So, I've heard a little something that happened in art class yesterday, and while I'm sure it was accident, I just think that maybe Lilah would appreciate an apology?" Katherine suggested gently, not wanting to seem like she was blaming the girl. "The piece meant a lot to her."

"Oh." Jackie blinked in surprise. Considering the reaction she had just received for snitching, the last thing she expected was for Katherine to be aware of yesterday. "Of course, yeah. It was a total accident."

"Great, thank you." Katherine smiled, hopeful that the situation would now resolve itself. "And there will be no more pranks. Isaac is gonna pay for your hair dye out of his allowance."

"No, I'm not." The boy stated firmly, causing Katherine to look at him with wide eyes. "You know what she did."

"How do you know about that?" Katherine asked in surprise, meanwhile Jackie held a look of realisation. Not only had Lilah snitched to Katherine, she had told Isaac as well.