𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚. is so familiar a gleam

"Huh?" Y/N tilted her head when Gojo seemed to have muttered something she did not hear clearly.

"I said you look wonderful tonight" Gojo sweatdropped. Good thing Y/N didn't hear what he just said or else she might not talk to him anymore. It would be great if Y/N doesn't know the meaning behind his words earlier, but what if she does?

In his mind, confessing right now would be too early, what if Y/N would suddenly change the way she interacts with him?

Gojo didn't want to risk even 0.1% chance of not being able to be with her now that he has finally met her again.

"Oh, uhm, I don't really...I...thank you?" She stuttered. Y/N was never used to hearing compliments. Gojo only chuckled and gave her a thumbs up.

"You are always wonderful, Y/N"

After quite some time, Y/N and Gojo both have decided to go back. Gojo helped her get out of the boat carefully.

"Thank you" she said, feeling kind of awkward for the first time.

There was a short moment of silence before they spoke.

"Y/N"

"Satoru"

Both of the mentioned each other's names at the same time.

"You first" Gojo said.

"No, you first"

"Ladies first" he says.

Y/N deadpanned at him before speaking.

"Tell me honestly" she started, and this actually made Gojo quite nervous. What question will she ask him?

"Have we actually met each other before? Like before we first met here"

This made Gojo relax a bit, he thought she's going to confront him of his feelings.

He badly wanted to say yes, but then it will just make things complicated for them. And he have thought quite some time that it's actually best if Y/N doesn't remember the past.

'It's best for you not to remember the pain you've been through in that life, Y/N'

"Maybe, I don't know" Gojo shrugged.

"No, because the gleam in your eyes" Y/N said. "is so familiar"

Gojo grinned. "That's because it's your favorite color"

"Hey!" Y/N glared at him which only made him laugh.

"Come on, I'll take you home"

"I'm going home by myself" Y/N said.

"No, it's already dark, it's dangerous"

"The place where I live is surrounded by Duke Naobito's men. What if they recognize you?"

"Then just allow me to walk you to the nearest place where it's safe for you to go alone" he responded.

"I am really fine with going alone, I've been doing this a lot"

Gojo gasped. "Nanami is useless!"

"Ha? No he's not, hey don't insult him when he's not here"

"So I can insult him if he's here?"

"Oh my goodness" Y/N facepalmed.

Gojo laughed once again.

"I was kidding, I know Nanami does nothing but his best. So now let me take you home. You have no choice anyway"

Thus, Y/N wasn't able to argue anymore.

"Thank you, Satoru" Y/N said as they reached the entrance of the forest near the Zen'in duchy.