"How may I help you, sir?" Ricky only looked at him fully when the said guy spoke to him.

"Uh I was looking for my friend. He works here." The blonde managed to let out before looking down to his feet.

"His name?"

"Gyuvin, Kim Gyuvin."

"Ahh, Gyuvin! It's his day-off today." Ricky's eyelashes fluttered before he probably looked at the man before him.

"I'm so sorry, I completely forgot about that." He bowed a little and chewed on skin inside his mouth. Of course he had to embarrass himself again. Gyuvin clearly stated earlier that he didn't have work on holidays.

"No worries. Why don't you text or call him if you're looking for him?" The man asked. He was supposedly another worker here according to Ricky. The taller gently shook his head and spoke, "Tried that already. He isn't picking up." His voice was dry and a little frustrated.

"Is it urgent?" Ricky nodded.

"Why don't you go to his place then? Do you need his address?" The man asked again.

And it clicked to Ricky at that. He did know where Gyuvin lived. He could just go there to check on the latter. At that point, he was more worried if Gyuvin was safe and sound or not rather than his hangout plan.

"I have that actually. Thank you so much!" He bowed to the man and dashed out without any further delay.

Ricky called for an uber and followed the location.

He was a little skeptical when he actually entered the area. The buildings were congested and seemed very old. There were molds on most of the buildings and honestly the place wasn't hygienic. His heartbeat rose as he got off from the uber and stood in front of the designated building.

He didn't feel good from inside. The atmosphere seemed eerie to him.

But he shook that off and took a deep breath. Following the address, he stood in front of the apartment numbered as '43'.

He knocked twice and stood there in silence. When he heard some shuffling noises from inside, his heart thumped again in fear. He prayed in his mind to see Gyuvin's friendly face when the door would open.

And Ricky left a sigh in relief.

"Ricky!?" Gyuvin exclaimed. He had a towel hanging on his shoulders and seemed like he hastily put on a t-shirt before opening the door. His hair wet, a few water droplets dripping from the ends.

Ricky's ears went crimson red when he pictured the latter shirtless inside his home, right before meeting face to face with Ricky.

"What are you doing here?" The taller questioned and gestured the other to go inside of his abode.

Ricky shook his head and didn't move from where he was.

"Why weren't you answering any of my calls or texts? I was mad worried about you." He replied with a look of relief in his eyes. He was surely wondering where Gyuvin was or what he was doing. But seeing the latter safe and sound was just enough for him to be honest.

"Shit, I'm so sorry. It died on the way and I couldn't charge it." Gyuvin explained, scratching the back of head and let out an embarrassed chuckle.

Ricky stood there, trying to keep his expression unfazed. "Where were you?" He let out in a meek voice. He didn't want to believe that Gyuvin forgot their plans and went somewhere else. He was told how important he was to Gyuvin. Would the latter really neglect their promise?

"Oh! I went home. It was Yujinni's birthday and we celebrated it together." Gyuvin smiled upon thinking about the happiness blooming on the mentioned boy's face when Gyuvin surprised him on his special day. "Yujin?" Ricky's eyelids trembled momentarily. Of course there were more important and cherished people in the brunette's life. How naive was he to think he was prioritized? They knew each other for a few weeks, like a month or so.