confession

"Fuuta.. I-I think I'm in love with you," I blurted out.

There was a moment of silence. I could feel him looking at me, but it's not like I'd return the eye contact; I'm too nervous for that right now.

"Why though?"

"..Huh?"

"Why do you love me?" he asked casually.

"I-I...I don't know, either." That sentence just slipped out of my mouth like nothing. It took me two seconds to even realize I said that.

"You don't know?" he chuckled. "I'm not even surprised at this point."

"Huh? W-what do you mean?"

"I've heard that response many, many times."

"...Wh-"

Before I could even finish my sentence, I felt his lips pressed onto mine's. It felt as if the time has slowed down—as if the only thing that matters right now is him. I'm sure I'm a blushing mess right now, considering how my heart is beating like crazy. He was holding onto my waist, and our chests were pressed onto each other's. His lips were soft and sweet; it tasted like candy. But, before I could even finish processing what was happening, he pulled away.

"H-huh-? Why'd you do th-"

"To shut you up, of course. You talk too much," he spoke before licking his lips.

"I- W-well, uhm..." I could barely think of words to say.

"Yes, I do like you back, you idiot."

'Wait.. what?'

'Did he just say that..?'

"Y-you do?"

"Yes, I do. I do love you."

(WARNING CHEESY.)

"S-so what do you mean by you've heard that response multiple times?"

"Well, that was kind of just a trick question, I suppose. A lot of the girls that have asked me out has tried to list countless reasons on why they like me, and it's mostly only about my looks. But I believe that if you truly do love someone, you shouldn't have a reason to."

_____________________

AUTHOR'S NOTES

keep in mind that im not updating this regularly lol. this is purely out of boredom, so pls dont judge LOL. it's also rly short chapters, so yeah. this is also my first time writing a kiss scene, so i hope it's not the worst.... :'>