How it goes (6)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Grian's POV

I arrived at maybe... sometime by sunset. I don't know, I have a better chance of finding my dad than I do the time. But that's irrelevant, because X took over that role perfectly fine.

My wings were neatly folded at my back. This was the first time I'd be going out with them, and meeting people with them on show. And I'll be honest, it's kind of thanks to Tango giving me the confidence to show them.

So that's cool!

Outfit-wise, I'm wearing my least-tattered sweater, because it's not coming away from me, no matter the season. Plus, it looks good.

"Hey, G? Did you want to bring the flower bouquet or nah? Also, tell Scar to stop making a mess with his cookies!"

"I'm not making a mess, I'm making art!"

Aha. Forgot about that. Scar and Mumbo came over to help me get ready. Though, they're doing less of that, and more of causing chaos.

So, uh, good on them, I suppose.

Oh, and their reaction to my wings? Scar tried to poke them, and Mumbo started running his fingers through them. He was like a curious child.

"Guys, do I look alright..?"

They looked away from their shenanigans for a moment, to see how I looked. Mumbo hummed and harred over it, while Scar just crossed his arms.

"So, no?"

"No no no, you look great! You just need some... eh, minor touch ups!"

Scar replied, dashing over, as he began to work his magic. He applied a little foundation, before making my hair really poofy for some reason. Then, he took a flower, and put it into my hair.

"Perfect!"

He showed me how I looked, and I couldn't deny it, I looked... amazing.

"You really think this'll go well?"

"Look on the bright side! Mumbo and I will be in his vault when you get back, so even if it goes South, we can all eat cookies and watch Disney films together!"

I rolled my eyes.

"And make me feel more single afterwards?"

"You can pick the film?"

"Does Hamilton count?"

"Whatever cheers you up if it goes wrong."

Scar smirked at me, before ruffling my hair a little.

"But besides, it's gonna go great! I'm sure of it! Isn't that right Mumbo?"

"You're gonna do amazing, Grian."

A deep breath ran through my system, as I tried to calm down. It was time to go now, to meet my date. It was very, VERY nerve wracking, but there was some slight excitement under it, a taste of what could be to come.

Mumbo and Scar dropped me off a little ways away, and made me promise to tell them how it went. I agreed, and they left, leaving me to walk to the spot alone.

And when I got there, I saw the sun setting behind a table of food, seemingly waiting for someone to sit there. I sat down, and a few moments later, I saw someone walking towards me, from the path.

Wait... was that?

"Tango...?"

"Grian? H-Hey!"

"Did... Did you also-"

"Blind date?"

"Yup..."

I stood up as he approached me, as I took his hand, kissing it gently. He blushed, as did I.

"Was... that too forward?"

"No no! It's fine, I just wasn't expecting such a handsome fellow to kiss me tonight~."

"Oh, be quiet."

I blushed, swatting playfully at Tango. He giggled, as we sat down to eat. I couldn't help getting distracted by his eyes, and getting lost in the sea of ruby red.

We chatted for a while, eating the food laid out for us. It was really good, but the nuggets were my favourite. They were just... so incredibly made. I loved them.

It was like the night was both in slow motion, and a blur. We talked for hours on end, not caring about the words we said, and at the end, we...

"Tango, may I?"

I held Tango's hands, a soft, pink blush covering my cheeks.

"You may."

and I leaned in for a kiss.

For a moment, it felt like the world stopped turning. If there was a breeze, no there wasn't. It was just Tango and I, in eachother's love.

I finally did it. I finally kissed him.

We pulled apart, still holding eachother's hand. Neither of us dared to part that night.

We headed back to the Citadel. The place where this all started. That night, Tango slept in my arms, and I slept in his. Comfortable with the silence, we drifted off, our love making me feel warm and safe.