The Dead Of The Night

As the sounds of the infected filled the woods as darkness fell quickly Matthew and Madison had their flashlights out as they traveled through the infected filled woods looking for Pierre. Madison was terrified staying as close to Matthew as she could without knocking him over. "Get a hold of yourself darlin,gimme some breathin room. I think I can make out something a little down this path here better be on your guard those things are crawling out here now since the sun done gone down." Madison holds the gun in front of her pointing it in the direction they were headed but her hand keeps trembling in fear as they draw closer they hear what sounds like a girl crying and then notice a little girl sitting down in the middle of two giant boulders crying her eyes out. Madison tries to brush past Matthew and go to see if the girl is all right but Matthew grabs her by the arm. "Let me go she might be another survivor she is crying." Matthew tries to keep Madison close before explaining the situation,"Look darlin I know you wanna be miss save em all but you can't besides there is another special infected I should warn you about. That one right there ain't no survivor it's a Witch,there are two types of em the one there stays put crying it's eyes out until disturbed by our kind then she is a violent bitch afterwards. The other kind is the wandering Witch only comes out during the day but walks around aimlessly crying her eyes out. It is best to avoid these bitches at all cost do you understand me?"

Madison looks at Matthew like he is crazy and breaks free of his grip,"Look I am willing to take a risk if it's a chance that it might be another survivor to join us. The more the better that's what my dad always told me so if you would excuse me." Matthew watches as Madison walks over slowly to the girl and he switches his rifle over to silenced mode and aims in on the girls head. Madison draws closer and the crying get's worse as Madison reaches her arm out and is about to grab the girl to see if she is okay the girl begins to growl violently and then when Madison touches her the girl quickly turns her head and her eyes were glowing red and she got up quickly as Madison started running back towards Matthew. As she was being chased by the Witch Matthew was cursing up a storm trying to steady his aim and lock onto a head shot as Madison tripped and fell into some mud. The Witch was towering over her preparing to maul her and Matthew had finally switched on the night vision scope and got a good shot and fired a hollow point bullet right through the skull of the Witch. After the Witch collapsed to the ground Matthew ran over to help Madison to her feet and shook his head,"Maybe next time you will listen to me. You are lucky I am with you darlin cuz you would sure as hell be a dead pretty lil sister if I wasn't."
Madison wipes some of the mud from her face and clothes and then walks away. Matthew runs after her quietly in an attempt to not attract any infected to there location.

Back at Sherman's cabin Pierre had dozed off after waiting around for about an hour doing nothing but watching Sherman patrol the cabin to ensure their safety. While Pierre was sleeping Sherman had gone down into the cellar to grab some whiskey and as he was coming back up into the main area of the cabin where Pierre was he heard some noise coming from outside somewhere. It sounded like two people screaming for help and the sounds of the infected. Sherman rushed over and shook Pierre to wake him as he grabbed his machine gun,"Ok boy sounds like there is trouble headin this way so I had best get you a better weapon than that bat you have." Sherman walks over to the closet and grabs a hand axe to hand to Pierre. Pierre looks at Sherman scared that he was about to be killed by one of those things and he held the axe as Sherman went to remove the barricade from the front door. He aims his machine gun forward as he grabs a lantern in his other hand he uses his shoulder to push the front door open as Pierre and Sherman get out onto the front porch and look out towards some of the trees they see to flashlights shining bright and notice two people running towards the cabin being chased by about 20 infected. Pierre makes out Madison's cry for help and he shouts out to her,"Sis is that you?" As Madison and Matthew hear his voice a sense of relief overcomes Madison for a quick moment. "Holy shit the lil guy is alive and well now ain't that somethin. Now if we can just survive this and make it inside that cabin." The two were running and gasping for air as they rushed through tree branches that were slapping them across the face leaving scratches on their face. Sherman shouted out as he saw something huge little bit farther behind the infected,"TAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNK." Matthew sped up a little and sucked up the pain he was suffering from due to his injury and he grabbed Madison's arm to speed her up along with him. "Wait what is a Tank?" Madison asked as they kept running with concern. "Trust me darlin you never want to find that out first hand but since we most likely will be encountering one fairly soon they are the biggest and baddest of these things." The Tank was roaring as it began to plow through the infected sending them flying into tree's and boulders.

Matthew and Madison had finally reached the cabin and rushed inside as Sherman began to fire his machine gun at the coming infected he took a few out before the Tank had stopped and grabbed one of the larger boulders and hurled it towards the cabin. Sherman shoved Pierre back inside and rushed in himself when the boulder crashed destroying the porch. "Dammmit look what you two brought up here with you. Now my home has been compromised by those hellish creatures." Sherman was beyond furious with Matthew and Madison. "Listen up old man we didn't intend to be followed here by those damn things we got swarmed by them in the woods by the creek and took off right away. We didn't expect em to follow us all the way here yet along for that Tank to be tailgating us." Madison rushed to Pierre and gave him a big hug and kiss on the forehead,"I am so glad that you are safe Pierre I thought you were dead." Pierre held tightly onto his sister,"I thought the both of you were dead from the crash that's why I took off on my own. I was just lucky I found this place and Sherman otherwise I would be zombie food." Sherman quickly blocks the door even though it won't stop the Tank from breaking through once it got there and he ran towards the back of the cabin near a book case and flipped a switch on the wall. The bookcase raised up revealing a hidden staircase leading to an underground tunnel. "Listen up there is a Armored Hummer down there that I stored from my days as a Marine I want you three to go and take it to the very end of the tunnel. It should let you out in the state of Washington D.C. When you arrive I want you to find my daughter Gina and give her this. Sherman hands Madison a picture of him and his dead wife from when they had gotten married at the age of 23. "Aren't you coming with us?" Madison had asked as she began to cry a little. "No I am gonna stay and fight for my home. I moved here when me and my wife Regina got married and if I am dying I am going to die here fighting for the home I love so go." Sherman pushes Madison and Pierre down the stairs gently and Matthew walks down before stopping as he passes Sherman. "Well since your gonna die anyway you crazy old man might as well know your name. I'm Matthew and that girl is Pierre's older sister Madison." Sherman chuckled a bit,"Ahh I used to have an old marine buddy named Matthew he died during the war in Iraq damn shame. Well I am Sherman.....Sherman Andrews. You had best be gone that Tank is knocking and I am certainly ready to be the welcoming party."

Matthew nods before running down the stairs to join Madison and Pierre in the underground tunnel. Sherman flips the switch causing the bookcase to lower and hide the staircase as the Tank breaks inside and charges Sherman the only sounds the others can hear from underground are the roaring noise of the Tank,gunfire and the horrific screams of Sherman being torn apart by the hulking beast. In a panic Matthew rushes to the drivers side and starts up the vehicle,"Get in now,we don't have much time." Madison is holding onto Pierre tight and then they both get into the back seats of the Hummer. "Remember your seat belt Pierre." Pierre fastens his seat belt as Matthew looks into the rear view mirror,"Really at a time like this your worried about him in a seat belt get real darlin." As Matthew drives off down the tunnel the sound of chaos can be heard filling the tunnel from what damage the Tank was causing up above. The three were on their way to D.C in search of Sherman's daughter Gina and hopefully a safe haven away from the danger of the infected.

T.B.C Chapter 6-Washington District Of The Dead
(Share,comment,vote!!!!!)