"Hey D. You okay?" Her voice seemed tired, and yet, she still made the effort to check on him.

"I'm good ma. You good? They wasn't fuckin' wit' you, was they? You need somethin'?" He rubbed her cheek as he stared down at her with a small frown.

"Mm mm. They don't want beef with you baby." She mumbled, causing his frown to drop, being replaced by a smile.

"You sleepy? The medicine kicking in?" He asked, noticing the way her eyes kept dazing backwards as if she was dozing off.

"Mhm. This shit damn near better than xans." She spoke truthfully, earning a hearty laugh from Dayvon since she sounded pretty serious.

When he went quiet and stayed quiet, Autumn turned her head in his direction to look up at him, only to see him staring back at her already. She could hardly read his expression but she knew just how worried he was.

She grabbed his hand from the bedside and placed it down on her stomach, coincidentally at the same time that her babies began to turn. Luckily, the anesthesia she was on made sure she felt nothing.

"I'm scared mama. I don't want nothin' to go wrong." He sadly admitted.

"We are fine. They ran a bunch of tests already and everything is good now." She assured, making him slowly nod his head in agreement.

"But-if something does happen and they ask you to choose between me or one of the babies, you better choose me." She pointed at him, and he laughed again.

"You already know I am ma. Ion even know them for real." He leaned over to kiss her forehead while identical smiles plastered across both of their faces.

"You okay with everybody coming in now?" He asked her.

"Mhm. Sit me up please." She grabbed the bedside rail, and Dayvon wrapped his arms around her torso to sit her up against the pillows. He gave her the cup of ice that she was reaching for, and then he went to go open the door.

August ran inside first, leaving his iPad in Hazel's lap without a care in the world. His whole face lit up at the sight of his mother who looked much better than she did an hour ago when foam was coming from her mouth.

"Hi mommy! Oh, I'm sorry." He lowered his voice to a whisper. "I didn't mean to yell 'cause the lady said we have to be quiet so the babies can be okay."

"You can talk regular stinky. It's alright." She chuckled, giving him a hug once her mom put August in the bed with her.

"Hey honey. You feeling better?" Hazel leaned over to hug her next, to which she returned as best as she could with mostly her whole body being numb.

"Yes. I didn't mean to scare y'all. She said I was seizing 'cause I gave myself a panic attack. The epidural got me chilling like a villain now." She hugged her brother lastly, then laughed when he called her corny.

"You almost gave bro ass one too. He was in there 'bouta swing on the lady at the front desk 'cause she couldn't tell him nothin'." He told her, referring to Dayvon, who only shrugged in response while Autumn shook her head.

"That lady fu as hell. She knew somethin'. She was just tryna play in my face." Dayvon stood on the right side of Autumn's bed, making her laugh again.

Before anyone could say anything else, there was a knock on the room door. When Autumn granted them permission inside, a team of nurses and Dr. Davis walked inside in full gear, letting them all know that it was time for her to give birth.

Aspen grabbed August from the bed, and he reluctantly let his mother go after kissing her cheek. He was a bit confused with everything that was going on but he was surprisingly taking it well. Dayvon reminded himself to get him something to show his appreciation.