Chapter 36

At the same time in the Educated youth house.

The others are now back from the field, the men are fetching water and the women are washing up outside.

Fang Roulan who just finished washing up saw Shen Yuying coming out from the bedroom and sneered.

"If you had helped us in the field, we would be able to finish early and come back together. Aren't you too selfish to go home by yourself?

Fang Roulan said to Shen Yuying, she was mad that she was so capable and was able to go home early.

Shen Yuying looked at her and said "Comrade Fang, don't forget that everyone is working for their own work points, don't you just want me to work for you for free?" She said with a smirk, clearly mocking Fang Roulan.

The others who had also finished washing up came in the main hall also agreed with what Shen Yuying said.

"That's right Fang Roulan, although we are all educated youth, we have separate scores. Just work diligently on your own and earn your food." Li Xioamei mocked Fang Roulan and how stupid can she be.

Fang Roulan's face turned red from embarrassment.

"But wouldn't it be better if she had helped us? She finished her job very quickly. She could have help us and let us divide more food. Anyway we are all educated youth, we are like family." Bai Xiuyun said with pitiful face.

Her back hurts, her hands are full of blisters and her face were burned by the sun. Looking at Shen Yuying who doesn't seem to be affected by working in the field makes her so mad and jealous.

So she hopes that others will give her a bad time, since she work so fast Shen Yuying might as well do their jobs, so she'll be able to relax more.

If Shen Yuying could read what Bai Xiuyun was thinking,  she might drown her with a bucket of dung.

Bai Xiuyun wished that the others would agree with her. Shen Yuying earned 10 work points today while she earned 5 work points, she was so mad about it.

Song Jiaxing came forward and looked at everyone. With no nonsense tone, he told everyone "no, Comrade Shen doesn't need to help anyone. Her earning 10 work points today is already amazing. Comrade Fang and Comrade Bai should reflect on yourself and work harder next time. All 4 new female Educated youth had earn more work points than the two of you, aren't you embarrassed?"

Song Jiaxing asked them straight to their face, which greatly embarrassed both of them.

The 2 were too embarrassed being told off like that in front of everyone. And worse, everyone agreed with what Song Jiaxing said. They wanted to talked back but everyone already huddled to Shen Yuying and they're so amazed by her.

"Comrade Shen, how did you work so fast in the field, I can't believe you earn 10 work points on your first day." Su Cheng asked so excitedly.

Shen Yuying was quite embarrassed by their enthusiasm that her face turned pink.

"It's really nothing Comrade Su, my father is from the countryside and I grew up in the countryside and did all kinds of farm work. It wasn't until I'm old enough that our family moved to the city to work. So I'm not really new to farm work, and besides my body is also very strong." she explained to everyone lest they think its unbelievable that someone like her is familiar with farm work.

"So that's how it is, no wonder you don't look like inexperienced in the field. And can even swim so well."

On the side Fang Roulan sneered  "hmph!, what's there to be proud of, she's from the countryside. Country people, no wonder she has talent in the field. Its really different from us who grew up in the city."