Chapter 18

As if being powered by something, Wang Lihua started her drama again.

"What about your father's compensation? Did you already receive it?" She inquired.

"Yes Grandma, the factory gave it to me yesterday. But there's only little money, after all there is still the job quota."

Yes, you gotta bait them, make them wish for more but in the end they couldn't get anything.

"Then let your Grandma hold it for you. What can a young girl like you do with the money. It's too dangerous, your father and mother still has some savings after working for a long time, you should give them to me for safe keeping too. Let's save the money for your dowry." Wang Lihua said, trying to coax her and acting like a truly concerned grandmother.

Look at this old woman acting like a Grandma who cares about her granddaughter. When in fact she's just trying to trick her granddaughter's money. Despicable old lady.

"Grandma, I know you care about me. Thank you very much, but there's no need to worry about it. The compensation money and the money saved by my parents are not that much." Shen Yuying calmly explained to Wang Lihua. Then she continued.

"You also know how we lived all these years, my father wasn't stingy with my mother and I, so he wasn't able to save that much money." Shen Yuying added

"Grandparents I will be going to the countryside next week, I don't know when I'll be able to return. I may have to settle down there, and so I will need this money." She said calmly.

Wang Lihua is starting to get mad at this granddaughter that doesn't listen. Why do you want to make it difficult.

"What do you know? You maybe able to go back next year. Your family here will try our best to help you come back.
Isn't it safer to leave the money with me?" Wang Lihua said strongly, still trying not to be forceful.

"No need Grandma, I will put the money in the bank, so it will be safer. I truly understand your concern for me but I will be living alone in the countryside, it's good to have this a little bit of money."

Shen Yuying still trying to explain to the old woman without getting mad. But her patience is also running out but still she held it in.

"What if I need it, and you are all far away from me, and you are so old you can't travel far in the mountains Grandma, don't I worry about you?"
Shen Yuying acting touched by her Grandmother's love.

But in reality she just really want to vomit. What do you pretend to be a loving Grandmother here. As soon as your son died your granddaughter was thrown to the countryside.

Wang Lihua lost her temper at Shen Yuying's refusal to hand in the money and her voice raised a few points.

"We are your father's parents. The compensation money should have been given to us. Why do they give it to you a dead girl?" Wang Lihua's chest moves up and down, clearly mad about what's happening.

"What do you mean Grandma? Do you want to take the money for yourself? Are you trying to bully an orphan?" Shen Yuying tried to look hurt, her eyes were red and tears amd threatening to fall.

Hey if you can act, I can act too. What's so difficult.  Shen Yuying sneered.

"Both my parents are dead, and I am alone at the age of 16. I am an orphan,  and instead of helping me you want to get my father's compensation money. You don't feel sorry for me, and only cares about Eldest Uncle's family.  Her tears fell, and she started sobbing.

"You child, what do you know as a girl, don't you have to depend on your cousins when the time comes? Your parents are gone now, you should support your cousins, they are your only backer." Wang Lihua said acting like what she said was right.

"I was grieving for my parents death, and suddenly I learned that I'll be sent out to the countryside to be an Educated youth, for what?" Shen Yuying questions them while crying, looking really aggrieved.

"You want to give mine and my father's job quota to Shen Yumei and Shen Yucheng? So they are your grandchildren and I am not?"
Shen Yuying asked while sobbing.

Shen Guoqiang hurriedly pacified the situation.

"What are you talking about, We didn't know they did that." Shen Guoqiang said.

"That's right, it was Shen Yumei, She was scared of going to the countryside so she wrote your name instead. We didn't know it until you went to find us. This girl is insensible, I will beat her for you when we get home." Said Li Gihua acting all mad at Shen Yumei and pretending to hit her.

What a nice play, now if they say they didn't know it I really wouldn't believe it. For sure they all decided it after my father passed away. Shen Yuying really thought so.

Shen Yuying isn't really wrong in thinking this. They've planned all of it and lured the grandparents  by saying they'll be able to stay in the city once Shen Yuying vacate the house.

They wanted to act, so let's act together.

"What's wrong with you sister Yumei, what did I do to you? You want to throw me to the countryside " hoo hoo, sobbing and rubbing her eyes trying to wipe the tears.

Shen Yumei on the side was mad, but she has to say something to make Shen Yuying stop crying.

"I'm sorry sister Yuying, I was out of my mind that time, I didn't think it right. I was so scared to be sent to the mountains or countryside so I put your name on the list.  I wanted to get your work quota , it has nothing to do with my grandparents and parents sister. Its all my fault."  Shen Yumei said crying looking pitiful.

Who are you trying to act pitiful for? Hmmp! Shen Yuying sneered at Shen Yumei in her heart. But she can't stray away from the play, so she cried some more.

"So sister Yumei you don't want to go to the mountains but I want? You are scared and I am not? I am younger than you, I have no parents even. I must be more scared, why are you so vicious?" Looking at Shen Yumei with condescending eyes.

"I'm really sorry sister Yuying, what do you want me to do? Do you want me to kowtow to you? I will kowtow in front of you and ask for your forgiveness " She said while preparing to Kowtow.

Shen Yuying immediately held her up. "What are you doing kowtowing to me sister Yumei? Are you trying to put an oppressive Lord hat on my head? What do you kowtow for, that feudalism." Shen Yuying said scolding Shen Yumei sternly.

    Shen Yumei was happy, it seems that this idiot is very easy to trick.

But Shen Yuying wants to say. Shen Yumei you really think too much.