VI. Morbid

Nobody's POV:

Same Day - Monday

...

8:20 PM

After their escapade at the mall, Itadori and Kugisaki had returned back to the safe place of Jujutsu High's barrier, saying goodbye to one another as they entered their corresponding rooms and unwinded. It had been around an hour and half since their arrival, both already in their pajamas and ready for the long hours of slumber.

However...

"You wanna watch a movie in my room? The day's been pretty quiet." Gojo peered his head into Itadori's open door, the student in question perking up and happily nodding his head. "Megumi's already waiting. You want me to tell Nobara too? I'm not sure if you guys are–"

"We made up Sensei! After a lot of struggles and apologies, I finally got through to her." Yuji's bright eyes narrowed for a moment before he backtracked and shook his head. "Actually, I think it was more so her getting through to herself."

Satoru grinned, his eyes shining through his opaque sunglasses as he gave the vessel a comical thumbs up. "Perfect! Oh man, I was getting worried for a second that you two would never make up. How'd it happen?"

Yuji shrugged, "Well it was thanks to you and your money. We went to the mall and–"

"YOU GUYS WENT ON A DATE?!" Gojo shrieked, as he slid next to the pink haired sorcerer and raised his eyebrows up and down suggestively. "Oh so you're one of them Yuji... you player. Taking after your Sensei, eh?"

"Not a date." Itadori couldn't help but grin, the latter's excitement going away and his shoulders slumping. "We went out as acquaintances and we rekindled our friendship after a long talk."

"Ugh... bor-ing. More romance needed." Gojo stuck his tongue out jokingly in disgust, Yuji humorously raising an eyebrow at his teacher. "What?"

The vessel stood up, following Satoru out of the room and walking besides him as they traveled through the hallway. They could've teleported back to Gojo's room on the other side of campus, but instead they continued their conversation.

"Sensei, you don't have a significant other, right?" All that love talk before with Kugisaki stuck with him, as he now wondered about everyone on campus and their romantic situations. He's never seen nor heard a peep about anything on that spectrum of things during his time here, so it made him curious.

"Hmmm..." Gojo thought, shrugging his shoulders and grinning. "I don't think so!"

"I bet you stand women up."

"What gave it away?"

Itadori laughed, the latter joining him.

"You're literally everything a woman could want; really funny, rich, crazy strong, blue eyes. But you can never find that one woman that's everything you want. Or at the very least, everything you need." Yuji stopped laughing and concluded, the white haired sorcerer's eyes widening through his sunglasses as he stopped right in front of the dorm building exit and turned to his student.

"How'd you– how did you know?!" Satoru was at a loss of words, Itadori simply shrugging and opening the door. It stumped Gojo that a human being could be so obliviously dumb and then turn around and say something so perceptive.

"Wild guess."

The pair exited the dorm building, descending down the concrete pathway that led towards the training grounds, Gojo's room being in a building at the top of the small hill.

"What about Mrs. Ieiri? You've known her since you were my age. She's really pretty and she's really skilled with reverse cursed technique, so she's strong too." Yuji wondered out loud, Gojo chuckling a bit before shaking his head.