III. Apology

Nobody's POV:

A few days later...

9:30 AM

Today was a windy and cloudy day, the air cool and pleasant smelling. Fall was approaching slowly but surely, and along with the change in seasons, moods were changing as well.

Two first years sat alone in their sunlit classroom.

"What's wrong Kugisaki? You've been out of it the last couple of days." Fushiguro whispered. He turned towards the latter, who sat on their sensei's comfortable office chair. She leaned back and sighed, glancing at the white ceiling and shaking her head.

"Just tired. Man... being a sorcerer is tough work. I'm gunning for that grade one spot though."

Kugisaki had yet to tell Fushiguro about her encounter with a dead man. She didn't know if she should tell him... hell, she still didn't even know if that whole encounter was real or not. I mean... he felt real. He looked real. He talked to her. It could just be her imagination playing tricks on her, but she knew deep down it wasn't; he was actually alive.

She hadn't seen him since she stormed off, but he was most likely somewhere on campus. He was definitely with Gojo... that idiot of a teacher was probably off doing something crazy with Itadori since he was a lot more absent than usual recently.

"Grade one would be an honor." Megumi mumbled, staring out of the large window towards all the green plants and wildlife outside. "We both have the skills to get there. I think."

"Not sure about you, but I can confidently say I do." Nobara chuckled, pointing a thumb to her chest and shutting her eyes.

"I'm sure Itadori would be excited if we became grade one so soon." Fushiguro added, causing Nobara's heart to once again fluctuate as she winced and looked towards the side. Megumi noticed that action and flattened his mouth, apologizing.

"Sorry."

"Nah it's... it's fine."

"I know it's still a sore subject... but–"

"I said it's fine!" Nobara snapped before quickly recollecting herself and shaking her head. "It's fine Fushiguro, I'm just not in a good mood today. Y'know how girls get."

"That time of the month?" He asked curiously, the latter exploding in red and nearly punching him, but quickly realizing that he looked serious and wasn't trying to make fun of her. Still a stupid thing to blurt out.

"Not yet. It's something else. Changing the topic, I wonder when Sensei is gonna get here... he's always so late now." Kugisaki sighed as she stood up and walked around the side of the classroom with her hands clasped behind her back.

"He's always telling me his hands are full but doesn't say why. It's annoying. He's so secretive."

Nobara scrunched her eyebrows before falling onto a desk and sighing loudly. It was so frustrating keeping the secret from Fushiguro. Out of everyone, he deserved the most to know that the person who sacrificed their life for him was actually alive and well. He desevered to know why Gojo seemed to never have time for them and was always gone every chance he had.