Chapter 23: A Charcuterie Board of Emotions

Start from the beginning

No, it's actually the ex I was referring to. We are negotiating a divorce. I just thought you should know.

Blitz took a deep breath.

Thx 4 teling me. Next tim leed with tht

Duly noted. So you're okay with it?

Ya, I meen, we all got bagage, rite?

That is true. Still, thank you. And thank you for talking to me despite my message being so late at night.

I kno, Im the best. And honesty, I usuly wake up a few timez a nite anyway, so if u hav late nite wurries, Im ur guy.

Oh, no. I'm sorry to hear that. An irregular sleep schedule can cause lots of problems, you know. Have you gotten treatment for it?

I did. They gav me a perskription tht cost $300 to refil an I desided that Id rathr eat then sleep.

I see.

Besidz, ur awak, 2.

The typing dots danced again, as though they were hesitating on whether or not to say something. Finally, they rested.

Well, I've always been a bit of a night owl.

sea? We,re both sleeplss sl*ts.

But once I do get to sleep, I often don't awaken until morning. Afterall, an irregular sleep schedules can cause:

If I go 2 sleep now, wil u spair me the list?

That sounds like a good trade to me. I'm really looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Or given the time, later today.

Blitz paused for a moment. From the chaos of suddenly being thrust onto another date, to the binge drinking after being stood up, he had entirely forgotten that it was so soon. Normally, he would never admit to something like this. Or at least not so soon, but learning what he had from losing Stolas to his stubborn decision to constantly push people away, he replied.

Me 2

— — —

Moxxie had a charcuterie board for every occasion. He had an array of meats and cheeses for boring Mondays, a different combination with some olives for romantic date nights, and a specific type of cracker that he preferred to eat when he was sad. Millie didn't understand most of the fancy words he used trying to explain the flavor profiles, but she did learn to interpret the boards. Sometimes she even found it easier than reading his face.

So when he walked into the office with a board with the sad crackers, some raisins, what looked to be muenster, swiss, and ham, she immediately knew he was having a pity party.

"Aw, honey. . . Not the raisins. You deserve more than raisins!" Mille rubbed his back as he sat down at the receptionist desk with the tray.

"No, sweetie, I don't. All I wanted to do was to help Blitz and his highness get back together, and all I've done is make things worse." He said, rolling a raisin under his finger, pouting.

"First of all, it was my idea in the first place, so if anything. I ruined their relationship." Millie said, popping a sad cracker in her mouth, and hopping up to sit on the desk "And second, we didn't ruin everything! Nothing's ruined! Stolas probably just needs some time to himself, that's all."