5|becoming a killer

Começar do início

Suddenly, the glass tube shut, enclosing her inside it. Her face suddenly portrayed panic and Tigris just gave her a comforting nod from the other side of the glass.

Before she knew it, she was being raised into an arena. She was propelling high up into the air on a platform. Everything was dizzy because of her anxiousness.

Pearl looked around her to see the gigantic arena. There was woodland, and more importantly, there was lots of bodies of water. Lots.

She could put her trident and fishing skills to use. Her eyes fixated on the Cornucopia in the middle that contained all of the weapons. She was advised not to go for a trident, but Pearl wanted to anyways.

Then she looked at all of the innocent faces around her. No matter how tough some of the tributes acted, they were all just children fighting to survive.

Pearl's breaths became shaky as she realized that this was it. She was about to be released in the arena of the 15th Hunger Games.

10.

Pearl tried to figure out her next move.

9.

Her eyes landed on a trident.

8.

Pearl got into position.

7.

Pearl found Opal across from her.

6.

Apollo glanced over at her.

5.

Pearl begged for mercy.

4.

Pearl looked over at Hunter.

3.

She wished death upon President Snow.

2.

Pearl knew her time was about to be up.

1.

RUN!

Pearl had never run this fast before. She sprinted towards the Cornucopia as adrenaline ran through her veins.

This would be the worst part of the games. The blood bath is always where the most tributes are lost. Everyone goes psycho.

She watched as a younger girl was stabbed just a couple of feet away from her. Her vision was blurring as she pushed further into the Cornucopia to find her trident.

Pearl's hands clasped around the trident as she looked around for competition. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Apollo fighting the girl from District 8. Despite being a Career, he seemed to have the lower hand.

She sprinted towards them and threw her trident directly at the girl. Her weapon went flying through the air, and in one swift motion it pierced through the girl's chest. Her body immediately fell to the ground and a pool of blood filled the rocks underneath her.

Pearl stepped back in surprise. The adrenaline had gotten to her and the recklessness of her actions did have consequences.

She could have let Apollo taken that girl down. Pearl began to step closer again as she realized that the girl couldn't be much older than fifteen.

"Shit," she whispered. "What did I just do?"

Apollo looked at her in approval. He pulled the trident out of the girl's chest and took it in his hands. "I didn't know you had that in you, District 4."