She had no choice as this is the only kind of shoes she can wear in the field,  and of course she didn't want her feet to sweat.

While she was busy preparing, the others had also started to wake up. So she quickly finished what shes doing .

While everyone is washing up outside, Shen Yuying went back to the bedroom to prepare her military kettle, her bamboo hat, towel for wiping sweat and working gloves.

Although Shen Yuying didn't want to be treated differently by the villagers,  but she didn't want to wrong herself too much. It hurts to have blisters and it'll definitely make your work slow.

Anyway their family used to work in the machinery factory,  and there are a few pairs of  working gloves at home that she had kept on the space.

The gloves that she bought from the world market doesn't look too different  from the one she found at home so it should be fine.

For her, its good as long as you do your job well and complete what you're supposed to do. She'll just explain to others that she got these things at home.

Satisfied with everything, she patted herself and prepared to leave the room.

Most of them just took a basin of water and wash their faces, so its not surprising to see them already coming back to prepare in the room,  so she locked all her things and went out, leaving behind the others in the room.

It was really quick, and Shen Yuying thought she's the only one taking a lot of time preparing. Thinking about it, she feels a little embarrassed.

But there's really no way, since she has the ability to clean herself, she should do so. Convincing herself like this, she nodded her head and sat down in her seat in the main hall.

Soon enough everyone was seated and Fang Roulan also served the food on the table. She made sweet potato porridge and nothing else.

In hers and Bai Xiuyun bowls, there's a boiled egg each.

Everyone ignores it so Shen Yuying also ignored it. I guess this happens often. Guess its allowed to cook your own food privately, or add privately and nobody would ask.

But really, just sweet potato porridge for breakfast.  I don't see how can this meal be enough for this busy morning. Female Educated youth will have two thirds of the bowl and the male Educated youth's bowl is full.

Which is understandable since the male earns more work points than the female. All people present have no complaints and so do Shen Yuying, you have to eat as much as you earn.

But everyone else started eating from their bowl without saying anything,  so I guess this kind of meal is common too.

Everyone finished their food quickly. And Fang Roulan washed the pots, while everyone washed their own bowls and chopsticks.

Women will do the cooking while the men collects firewood and fetch water everyday. Fair enough.

After brushing teeth and applying more lip balm, Shen Yuying took the things she prepared and set out with everyone.

Just in time for the morning bell to ring, signaling people to come for the morning gathering.

Facing the morning light, the group of educated youth walked along the pathway with quick steps.

Along the way, they also meet with several people going to the same direction.

Shen Yuying and the others greeted and  responded to a bunch of people. You still have to show proper manners, and would try to get along with the people in the village.