changement

Nathaniel was surprised by that declaration. He thought Andy would live with him, but he was wrong.

"So you will move out?" said Nathaniel.

"Yes, we will, but it doesn't mean that we will not see each other. We too will just live a new life," said Gabriella.

At that moment, Andy was sad that he would be separated from his best friend, no, his brother.

After dinner, the boys went to their room and did their homework while Nathaniel decided to tell Andy about Kathy.

He didn't know the way he would tell him, so he decided to go directly. "Andy, I met the waitress, and we shared food together."

Andy was shocked to hear that. "Did she do something to you? Is she manipulating you? Why did you eat with her? Why didn't you run away?"

"Actually, she is cool. I think we made an error judging her before knowing her. I'd like to meet her again," said Nathaniel.

"Are you sure?" said Andy, anxious.

"Yeah," said Nathaniel nostalgically.

When it was time to go to bed, Nathaniel's chest itched him, but he didn't really mind, thinking it was nothing.

The next day, everything went well until recess when playing. Nathaniel collided again with the redheaded girl.

"Is this a habit for you or what?" said the girl.

"It's your fault," said Nathaniel.

"What did you just say?" She grabbed him by the collar.

"You heard me clearly. It's you who doesn't watch," said Nathaniel.

"Okay, I've heard enough. Come here so I can clean your face." And she punched him in the face.

But Nathaniel, proud as he was, didn't give in and punched her back in the stomach.

Seeing their fight, many students gathered around them until a teacher separated them.

"You two, go to the principal's office now!" said the teacher.

"Yes, ma'am," said both, looking at each other coldly.

"So what's the conflict?" said the principal.

Nathaniel explained to the principal, "It was actually her who bumped into me. I was just walking, and she wasn't paying attention to where she was going."

The girl interrupted, "That's not true! He deliberately stepped in my way and then blamed me for the collision."

Nathaniel responded firmly, "I'm telling the truth. She's just trying to shift the blame onto me."

"I don't know which of you did what, but the thing I know is that you are not respecting each other, so I need a proper excuse from each other," said the principal.

Reluctantly, they apologized to each other.

"If I hear one more time that you're fighting, I will call your parents, understood?!"

"Yes, sir," said both of them.

When class finished, Nathaniel headed home when he saw his aunt with boxes, a car, and his parents and quickly understood what was coming. When he approached, his parents remarked on the scratch on his cheek.

"What is that, Nathan?" said Judy.

"Nothing, just fighting a stupid girl," said Nathaniel.

"Did you lose?" said his dad jokingly.

"No, just she..." expressing hardly what he felt.

"Ah, what did I say to you about your temper?" said Judy.

"Control it before it controls you, I know," said Nathaniel in a bored tone.

"Now, help us pack Aunt Gaby and Andy's things," said his dad.

After some minutes, Andy appeared. "I see that you are alive."

"Oh, don't push it," said Nathaniel.

"Are you okay, Nath?" said Andy, knowing enough that the idea of him moving out didn't rejoice his little friend.

"No," in a sad tone.

"I'm always here, just in another house. Now give me a big smile."

Nathaniel nodded without responding and smiled at him.

After packing everything, Nathan watched his friend moving further and further away until disappearing totally.

When night came, he felt lonely. Feeling the gentle breeze caressing him, as well as the sound of the fir trees moving in the wind, he looked out the window under a radiant moon. He observed the beauty of the night, where silence and calm reigned in the darkness. Then after minutes, he fell asleep. In the woods, while a person shrouded in shadow said, "We will soon see, my child. When the flowers will see their petals bloom, the truth will be revealed once again."

The next day, Nathaniel's chest really itched him each time his chest rubbed against his clothes, to the point he couldn't bear it anymore. He decided to tell his parents.

"Mom, my chest itches so much," Nathaniel said. "Why does this hurt me? I should tell mom about this. It's so uncomfortable."

Judy examined Nathaniel's chest when he unbuttoned his shirt and noticed that his nipples didn't look normal. She suggested that a softer shirt might be more comfortable and asked Nathaniel to change into one.

"Go change and tell me if it hurts again," Judy said, and Nathaniel went upstairs to change his clothes. After changing into a softer shirt, he felt better and told his mom.

"It's working, Mom," said Nathaniel as he returned to his hobby.

"But I still wonder why it itches him so much. I'll ask the doctor on Monday when she gives us Andy's results."

The weekend passed, and Monday arrived. Nathaniel's parents took him and Andy to Dr. Alexandra's office to discuss Andy's test results and address Nathaniel's chest itching.

"Are you afraid, Andy?" asked Nathaniel.

"Yes, a little bit. How about you?" replied Andy.

"Not really, because I put things into perspective. The worst that can happen is death, and we all must die someday," said Nathaniel.

"Imagine if it's worse than death," said Andy.

After 15 minutes, they finally arrived at the doctor's office and rang the doorbell.

"I hope my son will be fine," said Gabriella.

A few minutes later, the doctor opened the door and said, "Oh, it's you. We have many things to discuss."