16

AVANI POV__7:19__Location: school entrance ATLANTA, GA__

AVANI POV
__
7:19
__
Location: school entrance ATLANTA, GA
__

I was walking into school, I walked in the main office signing in and getting a pass, I went to the bathroom to check myself out and then went to a stall to text my bestfriend to see where she was.

As I was in the middle of texting her about 3-4 girls walked in laughing, "I can't imagine being fatherless i'm so glad my dad here cause I get whatever I want" I was chilling but whole time in my head the bitch just sounded like a spoiled ass child.

One girl laughed before saying "it's giving avani, I heard her dad died" the girl said making my pause to listen for more, the girls gasped before laughing "that's what she get, thinking she could take my man"...of course, It was cleo and her glazing ass friends.

but how did she know about my dad? I never told anyone new but melo, I started to tear up thinking it was him until the girl said "wait how'd you know her dad died" one girl asked "lamar told me, you know me and him be fucking on the low" she spoke...lamar? how the hell does he know?

At this point I was fed up not wanting to text zakiyah anymore, I walked out the stall causing all 4 heads to look back at me, I stopped infront of the girls before speaking up.

"Karma gon come back and hit you real bad bitch, you, yo ugly ass friends, and lamar" I spoke before walking off.

I wasn't pressed about nothing because at the end of the day my father taught me to be smarter than my thoughts, and my thoughts was about killing some shit.

__
I walked into period one looking at lamar who was laughing with romelo "BEST" zakiyah shouted before running over to me and hugging me.

but I didn't move, I just stood there staring into lamar soul, I guess romelo saw it because he stood up and walked over to me "what's wrong ma?" he spoke "nothing" I simply said "don't lie" he spoke "i'm not" I told him and he sighed.

5 minutes into class I stared at the desk that was infront of me the whole time "avani... avani, AVANI" someone said cutting me out of my thoughts, I look over to see nelson "why are you so... I don't know, your different today" he spoke, I couldn't say anything. It was this large lump in my throat I couldn't even swallow.

"yo" nelson said trying to get a better view of my face, I heard cleo and her friends laugh in the back of the class.

I felt something hit my back causing Kiyah and them to gasp, I heard even more laughing, like the whole class was laughing.

It was pencils, they were throwing pencils at me, I couldn't hold nothing back anymore and anger just took over, I climbed out my seat running towards cleo before sending straight blows to her face.

I got hit in the head, I was getting jumped. but not for long since kiyah jumped in, I didn't see anything but Kaya punching and hitting one of the girls.

a few seconds later I got pulled of, it wasn't melo, or nelson, or a teacher, or a security guard, or jay, it was Lamar.

I never turned around and swung so fast, "GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME" I screamed "WOAH WOAH WOAH" nelson said before I got pulled off of Lamar by Romelo.

__

"you wanna tell me why you took it out on mar?" Romelo asked me as he stood in front of me with his hands in her pants, we were in the office and me, kiyah and Kaya were just sitting there holding our suspension papers "cleo, I was in a stall and over heard them talking about my dad, talking about how Lamar told them" I spoke "What?!" he spoke "how does he know?" I asked him locking eyes with him.

"I- I was on the phone with him, and I told him that you were stressed that one time about your dad and he asked what happens and I told him.." he spoke, I just shook my head up and down "are you mad at me?" he asked, I just blankly stared at him before looking to the door seeing my mom.

me and kiyah got up but Romelo grabbed my arm "are you?" he spoke looking a bit sad. I didn't even wanna talk to anyone so I just yanked my arm from him before heading out the door.

__
I was slouched on my headboard watching youtube when I heard a knock at my door, thinking it was my mom since we were the only ones here because Zakiyah got dropped off I told the person to come in.

It was Romelo, "get ou—" "can we talk, please?" he asked "...I don't wanna talk to anyone right now" I spoke "stop acting like that" he spoke "acting? Romelo you told someone about my father, I only told you and I also told you I didn't want that topic to be in everyone heads didn't I?" "yea.." he spoke "so why is it" I stood up "please just calm down" he said walking towards me as he saw my teary eyes "I don't think this gonna work out" I spoke "what? you doing basketball?" he spoke knowing I was talking about the relationship.

"no, us" I spoke "I've got into so much fucking fights for being with you Romelo... I'm tired" I cried.

"you don't mean that nini" he spoke and I just looked at him "please get out" I told him and he sighed before walking towards the door.

"stop playing" he spoke "I wish I were" I told him and he took a deep breath, He walked out shutting the door behind him, I just busted out crying.

__
"WHAT?" Zakiyah yelled over the phone "why would you break up with him he was so good to you" she spoke "kiyah I fight his ex and Jazlyn like every damn week i'm tired off all of it" I told her truthfully.

A/N:welpppppp🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️