An Infernal Return

'How did things turn out like this?' Jaune thought as he lay bloody and broken on the ground. Three days, that was all it took for him to lose most of the things he loved, all because he trusted the wrong person.

Now a month later, here he lay, his aura shattered and body broken from a supposedly deadly fall.

How did this happen?

Well, 12 minutes ago, he was simply minding his business before he was suddenly jumped by a group of second year students and beaten up before being dragged away to be dropped into a deep canyon found in the Emerald Forest.

Apparently, the group thought that the fall would kill him and if it didn't than they believed that the Grim would finish him off. Fortunately, the group was wrong on both counts as not only did he survive but he also learned that there was never any grim in the canyon in the first place.

Darkness began to slowly creep in around him as he began to lose his conscience. 'I won't die here...!' Jaune vowed as he gritted his teeth and clenched his fist as he tried to stay conscious. Ultimately, he failed as the darkness engulfed him.
...

2 days later and Jaune had finally woke up. His whole body was wracked with pain but apparently his aura had managed to slowly fix up the extreme damage done by both the students and the fall.

With a groan, Jaune slowly rose to his feet and looked up and sighed. He quickly realised that he couldn't leave via the same way he came in. Shaking his head, Jaune began to examine the cave for any peculiarities.

It didn't take him long to find the huge opening on the far side of the cave. 'Well that's convenient...' He thought as looked around for anything that he could use as a weapon. Unfortunately, all he could find was some small stones.

'Better that than nothing.... I guess...'. He thought as he picked up the biggest one he could find. He stepped towards the entrance cautiously, noting that the path seemed to descend rather then ascending as he'd hoped but it was better than nothing.

Deciding to take the risk, Jaune began his descent into the caves.
...

Twelve hour later and Jaune had found himself deeper and deeper into the cave.

Soon, he noticed that the stone walls slowly began to shift to metal. 'Strange, why is this here?' He thought as he stopped to examine the now metallic wall. Hoping that the metallic wall would lead to some form of exit, Jaune began to quicken his pace and with smile quickly forming on his face, he started sprinting forward.

Eventually, the metal wall lead to a massive doorway that opened up into a giant oval shaped room. Slowly down, the smile slowly began to fade from his face and was soon replaced with a deep frown. With a quick twirl, Jaune took in all he could about the room only for his thrown to deepen upon realising that there was no other exit.

However, he soon focused his attention on the strange mural on the far side of the room.