"Can't you give me some of your boyfriends clothes?" he asks.

I let out a laugh. The idea of having a boyfriend was comical. I didn't have any time for myself, let alone another person. 

"I don't have a boyfriend," I tell him while my laugh ends. I look back at the road, but I feel his eyes still on me. 

"Really?" he asks, as if he didn't believe me. 

My eyebrows lower. My hands lift slightly off the wheel while I reply, "Yes, really. Why is that so hard to believe?"

I can see him go back to looking at the road in front of us. 

"Don't know," is all he says. "Just expected you to have one."

We reach my rode. I turn onto it, driving slower than usual, not wanting to risk getting pulled over for speeding. When I pull into my driveway, I don't get out right away, I turn my car off and sit in my thoughts for a moment. I see Atlantic turn to look at me.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"Thinking," I almost snap. I run my hands through my hair and fall silent for a moment. "I mean....fuck, Atlantic, what the hell are we doing?"

Suddenly, all my emotions caught up to me, and I actually thought for a moment. What the fuck am I doing, helping a monster escape, hiding him in my house from who I work for? 

"I'm getting back at everybody who has held me hostage," he speaks as if it were a normal sentence that required no overthinking. "And you're accomplishing your dream of becoming the most heroic doctor on Earth."

We look at each other in my car under the moonlight. I look at the bloodied man, at the Hell I just unleashed onto the Earth.

"You're going to kill them all," I realize out loud. "Aren't you?"

His head tilts a little. His stone expression does not change.

"Yes," he says. "Each and every last one of them."

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

My morning schedule had always been the same. Wake up, take a shower, make a cup of coffee while reviewing cases. But now, my schedule that has always been the same, now changes due to the man in front of me.

I step into the kitchen, and I'm met with his back. He stands in front of the large window, looking up at the sky, while the sun hits him through the window. I know he hears me, but he doesn't turn around. 

"Um...do you want some coffee?" I ask as I walk over to my coffeemaker. I begin grabbing everything I need, but pause when I feel a set of dark eyes staring at me. I look over my shoulder at him. "What?"

He turns his body toward me, his face blank like a waveless sea. He asks, "Coffee?"

"Yea, coffee," I state like it's obvious. But my eyebrows tug together when I see the slight confusion in his eyes. "Wait, you don't know what coffee is?"

"I don't know what anything is," he says, taking a few steps toward me. "That's why I need you, little lamb."

"The reason I got caught and brought back there was because I had nowhere to go, nowhere to hide," he continues. "You need to keep me hidden, you know the outside world better than I ever will."

I look down at my coffee and begin to let it brew, thinking about his words. I tap my nails against the counter.

"I want to know everything about you," I finally speak as the coffee drips into my cup. I turn around to look at him. "Everything."