i

˗'ˏ━━━ 𝑹𝑶𝑺𝑬𝑻𝑻𝑨 Jones had always been someone to shiver in the cold. To huddle close in warm fur and relish in its warmth. Yes, she liked winter, but no, she did not enjoy the coolness that came with it.

Especially growing up in Omaha, Nebraska. Though used to the cold, it did not please her. Despite this, however, Rosetta supposed that it was what she missed most. Feeling the cool breeze on her skin-- on her human skin. Shivering and feeling so cold that she ran home after school, excited to huddle by the fireplace.

It seemed as though now, Rosie always felt cold. So much so, it just became normal. And maybe that was why she was out in the Big Apple, wearing a brown bell sleeve tie top with floral patterns on it and a pair of light-washed bell bottoms despite the snow.

It no longer affected her, and she supposed that was what hurt the most.

But tonight, she decided, she was not going to cry. She was not going to mourn over her lost human life. No, tonight she was going to dance. She was going to dance so hard her chunky brown Mary Jane heels would fall off. Rosetta Anne Jones -- named after her grandmother of course!-- was going to dance the night away.

She was 17 for goodness sake!

Well, technically she was 63, but secrets are best kept when only one knows! Well technically, the rats in her hotel room walls knew too but they didn't count. Who were they going to tell? The chef?

The door opened with a creaky groan, and her eyes squinted to adjust to the neon light, having been in nighttime New York. The night was still young! It was just a little past midnight, and the vampire was ready to live wild and free like the curly hair that adorned her scalp!

Happy Feet was a neon-themed roller rink and bar made specifically for those over eighteen. But really, what was the difference between seventeen and eighteen besides a few months? Plus, who could tell?

"Hi!" She bounded up to the security guard, his stern face saying words his mouth did not. Rosetta found her smile starting to fade as he stayed 100% uninterested.

"ID?" He drawled boredly.

Well jeez, why work at a club if you were the unhappiest person ever?

This guy needed a serious dose of happiness.

Luckily for him, Rosetta Anne Jones was more than happy to give it to him! ( See what she did there? )

Taking a deep inhale, she reached down, pulling out her brown eye contacts. Red eyes gleamed in the neon light. "Woah lady! Wha-" His sentence was cut short when her red iris' turned a stunning shade of gold. They lit up, a smile dancing on her lips.

"Sh," she shushed. "Just be happy. be wild. Forever young. Tonight is your night, allow yourself to bask in the ambiance." She muttered in his ear. Her eyes faded back to red as she quickly slipped her contacts back in.

The man, a bald bulky guy who was easily in his 30s -- can you believe she's older than him?-- nodded. he shot her a grin, opened the velvet rope that blocked the entrance, and Rosetta was on her merry way.

The vampire was bouncing along to the music, some modern rock song she didn't know the name of until her absolute favorite came on.

The voices of ABBA filled her ears, rectifying any doubts. It was odd to her -- everyone else was here with someone and yet here she stood, alone and swinging her hips to the beat.

But suddenly, she felt overwhelmed. Someone here was sad.

Okay, so, of course, someone here was sad. But not like that -- it was a sadness you could feel a mile away, whether or not you had her gift. The sadness went so much deeper than being sad, it was longing. For what? Rosetta didn't know.

But that sadness soon drifted over to Bloodlust. Her head whipped around so quickly that she saw stars, and her smile dropped. Wait, bloodlust?

There was someone here, lurking in the shadows like her.

Happy Feet was being evaded by vampires. 

Luckily, Rosetta was to their rescue!

Her four wheels glided along the rink, hoping to catch a pale-faced vampire with red eyes and teeth pulled back into a snarl.

"Givin' out a spark. Across the room, your eyes are glowin' in the dark," The famous words of Voulez-Vous filled her ears. Yet, she couldn't find it in her to rock with the roll, because the girl was far too busy acting out the words.

His eyes were shining -- a hazel many wished they could have. But it was different, it wasn't just hazel eyes. They shifted for a moment, turning dark brown in rage and hunger.

And for a second, Rosetta thought he was going to pounce on something in the club. So she made a split-second decision to skate as fast as she could to the nearest exit of the rink.

Pushing through bodies, she finally made her way to him. He was lurking, eyes focused on a brown-haired man. Rosetta didn't care. She just wanted to save this man from endangering everyone.

( Note from Rosie; emphasis on everyone, because he could certainly endanger her too! )

She faltered to tap on his shoulder, dropping her hand before it could come in contact with her shoulder. Of course, she was nervous, what if he tried to kill her in the middle of everyone, and boom, there goes rule three-hundred of something in the "vampires guide to not being killed by the Volturi."

But, Rosetta hadn't been raised as a wuss, so gathering her wits -- and her lip between her teeth -- she tapped on his shoulder.

And when he turned around, golden eyes flickering, her breath caught in her throat.

Well, this was bound to get
𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈. ━━━ ˎˊ˗

TATI'S NOTES
IM BACK W A BANGER YALL.
YOU HEAR ME? I SAID I'M BACK
WITH A BANGER!!
yay she finally meets edward!
i didn't know if it was too early
to bring him in but what is this
fic if edward isnt in it? also peep
the ratatouille reference.. anyways
make sure to SMASSSSHHH
that vote button and K(l)ICKKKK
that follow !!